Power News We love to talk!
Mytrah Energy, one of country’s major renewable energy Independent Power Producers, has inked power purchase agreements with Punjab and Telangana for 377 MW, marking its foray into solar energy generation.
The company also commissioned an additional 210 MW at Vajrakarur 2, Nidhi and Nazeerabad projects, increasing the company’s operating wind portfolio to 826.4 MW. This capacity will be available for the 2016 wind season. Of this, about 83 MW has been added ahead of the Company’s initial target.
The Hyderabad-based company has also reported extensive progress it made on wind project constructions, with 90 MW erected and expected to be commissioned later this year, and a further 87 MW planned before mid-2017, taking capacity past the 1,000 MW (1 GW) mark.
In addition to the wind capacity expansion, development of the Company’s solar pipeline continues, with Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) now signed for all 377 MW in Telangana and Punjab and a further 45 MW bagged in the recent Karnataka allocation.
Ravi Kailas, Chairman and CEO of Mytrah Energy, in a statement said: “We have commenced the 2016 wind season with 826.4 MW of operating wind assets. Mytrah has added 283 MW of wind capacity over the last 12 months, well ahead of our initial 200 MW target.”
“We have excellent operational momentum now in both wind and solar which is developing Mytrah into a well-diversified renewable energy business. With the additional capacity in place Mytrah is in a strong position to meet its overall targets for 2016.”
- Staff Paper on Determination/Fixation of generic levellised generation tariff for various Renewable Energy Technologies / Projects for the year 2014 - 15 Read more
- India's largest solar power plant planned in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- GMR Infra: Capitalising on power assets Read more
- Suzlon Energy set to sell stake in 130 Megawatt projects before March Read more
- Two more power units with capacity of 1,000 MW to be added to Tarapur Atomic Plant Read more
- Trust deficit among oil companies costs India dear Read more
- EON Electric shares to resume trading today after demerger Read more
- Power purchase pacts signed through transparent tenders, says Telangana minister Read more
- Tripura hopes work on power project will start soon Read more
- Make excise rates on LPG uniform: Oil Min to Finmin Read more