Power News We love to talk!
Mytrah Energy, one of country’s major renewable energy Independent Power Producers, has inked power purchase agreements with Punjab and Telangana for 377 MW, marking its foray into solar energy generation.
The company also commissioned an additional 210 MW at Vajrakarur 2, Nidhi and Nazeerabad projects, increasing the company’s operating wind portfolio to 826.4 MW. This capacity will be available for the 2016 wind season. Of this, about 83 MW has been added ahead of the Company’s initial target.
The Hyderabad-based company has also reported extensive progress it made on wind project constructions, with 90 MW erected and expected to be commissioned later this year, and a further 87 MW planned before mid-2017, taking capacity past the 1,000 MW (1 GW) mark.
In addition to the wind capacity expansion, development of the Company’s solar pipeline continues, with Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) now signed for all 377 MW in Telangana and Punjab and a further 45 MW bagged in the recent Karnataka allocation.
Ravi Kailas, Chairman and CEO of Mytrah Energy, in a statement said: “We have commenced the 2016 wind season with 826.4 MW of operating wind assets. Mytrah has added 283 MW of wind capacity over the last 12 months, well ahead of our initial 200 MW target.”
“We have excellent operational momentum now in both wind and solar which is developing Mytrah into a well-diversified renewable energy business. With the additional capacity in place Mytrah is in a strong position to meet its overall targets for 2016.”
- National lab policy for renewable energy soon Read more
- Gamesa bags 250 MW wind power order from Orange Re Read more
- Brookfield plans India move, looks at Mytrah, Leap Green Read more
- JNPT to harness solar power Read more
- ACME commissions 100 MW solar plant in Rajasthan Read more
- Odisha clears investment proposals in power, cement Read more
- Power distribution reforms: All is not well for states tariff revision Read more
- MERC issues revised RE Tariff Regulation, promotes Hybrid Systems & Competitive Bidding Read more
- Haryana: In the matter of PPA for sale of power from 5 MW Solar PV Power Plant of Siwana Power Project Private Limited Read more
- New battery tech to bolster off-grid solar plants Read more