Power News We love to talk!
Sanjiv Goenka controlled CESC registered a marginal rise in profit after tax at Rs 707 crore during 2016-17 on the back of a small 3% growth in power sales. The company's income from operations increased about 5% to Rs 6,493 crore during the year.
During the quarter ended March 31, 2016, the company registered a near flat profit after tax to Rs 248 crore. Total income from operations for the quarter was Rs 1,479 crore - a 4.4% growth during the period.
"The company touched several milestones in terms of operational excellence and continues to thrive due to improvement in every aspect of its operation. As part of Company's initiative to upgradation and modernisation of its electricity infrastructure to provide efficient and reliable electricity supply to the city, it made substantial investments for upgrading the city's electrical distribution infrastructure," CESC said in a statement.
In Kolkata CESC has taken up a project to introduce smart grid network in collaboration with US-based Silver Spring Networks to reduce response time for restoration of supply after an outage. The smart grid infrastructure is designed to help CESC as well as the consumers by enhancing the reliability and quality of supply. It has also engaged State Grid Corporation of China for different technology interventions including management of transmission and distribution losses.
It has additionally engaged an US based firm O-Power for advance customer relations management initiatives
- Solar dome to create awareness about solar energy Read more
- UPERC bid to rope in more solar power users Read more
- New bailout plan for state power utilities Read more
- Uttarakhand: Suo-moto proceedings initiated by the Commission for non-compliance of RPO by UPCL Read more
- Monitoring coal shortage crisis, marginal impact of spike in spot power price: Power Ministry Read more
- Government to give all households in West Bengal 4 energy efficient LED bulbs Read more
- CCEA defers decision on coal supply policy to power firms Read more
- Imported thermal coal prices may soften from October as China cuts imports Read more
- IL&FS; Engineering bags contracts worth Rs. 515 cr in Bengal Read more
- Opec's choice is pricing power or sales in new oil order Read more