Power News We love to talk!
Sanjiv Goenka controlled CESC registered a marginal rise in profit after tax at Rs 707 crore during 2016-17 on the back of a small 3% growth in power sales. The company's income from operations increased about 5% to Rs 6,493 crore during the year.
During the quarter ended March 31, 2016, the company registered a near flat profit after tax to Rs 248 crore. Total income from operations for the quarter was Rs 1,479 crore - a 4.4% growth during the period.
"The company touched several milestones in terms of operational excellence and continues to thrive due to improvement in every aspect of its operation. As part of Company's initiative to upgradation and modernisation of its electricity infrastructure to provide efficient and reliable electricity supply to the city, it made substantial investments for upgrading the city's electrical distribution infrastructure," CESC said in a statement.
In Kolkata CESC has taken up a project to introduce smart grid network in collaboration with US-based Silver Spring Networks to reduce response time for restoration of supply after an outage. The smart grid infrastructure is designed to help CESC as well as the consumers by enhancing the reliability and quality of supply. It has also engaged State Grid Corporation of China for different technology interventions including management of transmission and distribution losses.
It has additionally engaged an US based firm O-Power for advance customer relations management initiatives
- Indian clean energy investments dropped 20 per cent to $11 billion in 2017: BNEF Read more
- India welcomes World Bank move to halt parallel processes on Indo-Pak hydro projects Read more
- Maharashtra: Petition of GoI, Department of Atomic Energy, Heavy Water Board LTOA through ISTS instead of STOA Read more
- Dip in coal production affects NTPC Read more
- India's largest solar power plant planned in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Indo-Japan N-deal to boost India's renewable energy plans: IEA Read more
- India lifts 30% less volume under long-term Qatar LNG deal: Report Read more
- HPCL to start global oil trading desk Read more
- Draft Net Metering based Solar Rooftop Policy - Madhya Pradesh Read more
- NTPC aims to generate 268 BUs electricity in current fiscal Read more