Power News We love to talk!
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel will launch state-wide drive under Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) scheme to distribute LED bulbs to electricity consumers in the state. Patel will launch the scheme from Vadodara on May 26.
The drive will cover 1.21 crore electricity consumers by providing them about 12 crore LED bulbs at affordable rates. These bulbs will be made available to the consumers from May 26 onwards.
State Energy Minister Saurabh Patel said that because of high market price of LED bulbs at around Rs. 300, the State agencies would provide these bulbs to the consumers at a concessional rate of Rs. 85. “With this drive, the citizens of Gujarat will have a direct benefit of Rs. 2,500 crore due to lower price of LED bulbs. And with distribution of 12 crore LED Bulbs, every year 650 crore units of electricity will be saved, valuing at around Rs. 2,500 crore,” said Patel ahead of the launch of the programme.
The similar launch programmes will be conducted in the districts of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh and Bhavnagar.
- WBERC issues tariff order for WBSEDCL for 2015-16 Read more
- CIL allows power companies within 60 km to lift coal beyond their quota Read more
- CERC: Application for grant of inter - State trading licence to RRECI Read more
- In a bind over supply agreements Read more
- ADB to invest $30 m in NSL Renewable Power Read more
- Solar energy policy will be discussed in Cabinet, says Minister Read more
- Solar energy parks to be set up by year-end Read more
- Mega power projects: Developers frown on biz model, land acquisition proposals Read more
- RPO Compliance of JERC (Goa & UTs) - Procurement of Renewable Energy Regulation 2010 Read more
- 28 Budget 2013: Consumers to pay more for power after changes in import duty Read more