Coal News We love to talk!
Coal India will conduct the auction of coal linkages for the sponge iron sector on Tuesday -- the first sale of the dry fuel for non-regulated industries through bidding route. The Coal Ministry has directed CIL to conduct auction of coal linkages for the non-regulated sectors such as cement, steel/sponge iron and aluminium with a view to ensuring fuel availability to end users.
Coal India last week said that the first sale of coal linkages would be conducted for the sponge iron sector. A source said that "the first phase of auction of coal linkages would be held on May 31, 2016 for sponge iron units".
The source said that the PSU has also organised a pre-bid meeting with sponge iron consumers with regard to auction of linkages for the sector to explain different features of the auction process. CIL has decided to allocate a total quantity of around 23.25 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) in the first tranche of coal linkage auction, a source said.
Auction of coal via linkage from Singareni Collieries Company Ltd will be done subsequently, the source added. "The phase I of tranche 1 would be for 'Sponge Iron' sub-sector. Total quantity of approximately 2 MTPA has been allocated for sponge iron sub-sector under Phase I," the source said.
The government had earlier said that allocation of coal linkages for non-regulated sector industries will be only through the auction route to ensure transparency. Sectors included are cement, steel/sponge iron, aluminium, and others (excluding fertiliser, urea). The framework attempts to make coal available in a fair manner to end-users, Power Minister Piyush Goyal had earlier said.
- Videocon to cut debt with 10% stake sale in Mozambique gasfield Read more
- Trade, investment, energy to be key features during PM Modi's three-nation tour Read more
- There is no need to import coal: Power ministry tells High Court Read more
- Discoms default on renewable power Read more
- New Coal Bill extends blanket protection to govt officials Read more
- Chinese power gear cos wake up to after-sales assistance Read more
- Sub-Rs 5 bids: Solars moment in the sun Read more
- Govt invites applications for allotting 7 coal blocks Read more
- Coal India meets 97% of production target in August Read more
- Adani Power’s Q1 netloss narrows to Rs303 crore Read more