Coal News We love to talk!
Coal India will conduct the auction of coal linkages for the sponge iron sector on Tuesday -- the first sale of the dry fuel for non-regulated industries through bidding route. The Coal Ministry has directed CIL to conduct auction of coal linkages for the non-regulated sectors such as cement, steel/sponge iron and aluminium with a view to ensuring fuel availability to end users.
Coal India last week said that the first sale of coal linkages would be conducted for the sponge iron sector. A source said that "the first phase of auction of coal linkages would be held on May 31, 2016 for sponge iron units".
The source said that the PSU has also organised a pre-bid meeting with sponge iron consumers with regard to auction of linkages for the sector to explain different features of the auction process. CIL has decided to allocate a total quantity of around 23.25 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) in the first tranche of coal linkage auction, a source said.
Auction of coal via linkage from Singareni Collieries Company Ltd will be done subsequently, the source added. "The phase I of tranche 1 would be for 'Sponge Iron' sub-sector. Total quantity of approximately 2 MTPA has been allocated for sponge iron sub-sector under Phase I," the source said.
The government had earlier said that allocation of coal linkages for non-regulated sector industries will be only through the auction route to ensure transparency. Sectors included are cement, steel/sponge iron, aluminium, and others (excluding fertiliser, urea). The framework attempts to make coal available in a fair manner to end-users, Power Minister Piyush Goyal had earlier said.
- Centre notifies GCV-based gas price of $5.05 mmBtu for five months Read more
- National Energy Policy aims to meet sustainable growth Read more
- Shell launches bike lubes from natural gas Read more
- CESC registers flat PAT Read more
- NTPC begins drive to enlist vendors on all-India basis Read more
- Coal India trade unions call off Monday strike Read more
- Delhi's air quality improves to 'moderate' level Read more
- Sembcorp Industries says to reorganise India energy business Read more
- Madhya Pradesh utilities create record by supplying 12,018 MW power Read more
- Central scheme spells hope for out-of-use power plant Read more