Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal appreciated the meritorious performance of Andhra Pradesh in the power sector, at the Power Ministers’ Conference in Goa on Friday.
He said the commitment of the A..P. government in promoting solar energy has resulted in the commissioning of a 250MW solar park in Anantapur district in a record period of 10 months. It is the first solar park in India to achieve that distinction out of 28 solar parks sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Mr. Goyal observed.
The Union Minister was also appreciative of the AP-GENCO’s maintenance of Plant Load Factor at 80.71 per cent for 2014-2015, which is higher than NTPC’s 80.23 per cent. He suggested to the NTPC’s top brass to visit AP-GENCO power plants, particularly the super critical unit at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district, and the unit under construction at Dr. Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station in Vijayawada for adopting the best practices.
A.P Minister for Labour, Factories and Employment, K. Atchannaidu asserted that A.P was ready to meet the target of setting up 10,000 MW solar power in the next 10 years and also to achieve capacity addition of 5258 MW wind power during the next four years.
- Weaker realisations weigh on CIL Read more
- Bundled tariff for power from solar, thermal plants likely to be Rs. 4.50/unit Read more
- Expert panel bats for flexible energy bourses, real-time trade Read more
- Crude sinks, spot gas volumes spurt Read more
- Markets snap 6-week rally on SC coal verdict, gas hike delay Read more
- JSPL in talks to buy 1,320-Mw power project in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- An evolving risk paradigm in the power sector Read more
- Infuse Ventures invests in solar gear portal ezysolare.com Read more
- Gas power plants need long-term solution for fuel scarcity: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Post-GST, coal consumers to benefit with Rs 6,000 crore savings in taxes Read more