Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal appreciated the meritorious performance of Andhra Pradesh in the power sector, at the Power Ministers’ Conference in Goa on Friday.
He said the commitment of the A..P. government in promoting solar energy has resulted in the commissioning of a 250MW solar park in Anantapur district in a record period of 10 months. It is the first solar park in India to achieve that distinction out of 28 solar parks sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Mr. Goyal observed.
The Union Minister was also appreciative of the AP-GENCO’s maintenance of Plant Load Factor at 80.71 per cent for 2014-2015, which is higher than NTPC’s 80.23 per cent. He suggested to the NTPC’s top brass to visit AP-GENCO power plants, particularly the super critical unit at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district, and the unit under construction at Dr. Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station in Vijayawada for adopting the best practices.
A.P Minister for Labour, Factories and Employment, K. Atchannaidu asserted that A.P was ready to meet the target of setting up 10,000 MW solar power in the next 10 years and also to achieve capacity addition of 5258 MW wind power during the next four years.
- CERC dismisses DB Powers petition for time extension to inject infirm power Read more
- Energy sector reforms: Govt to take Ordinance route for e-auction of coal mines Read more
- Noida-based energy consultant held for coal ministry leaks Read more
- NTPC seeks shareholders nod to raise Rs 5,000 crore via bonds Read more
- Sembcorp completes first unit of 660 MW in Nellore plant Read more
- Energy conservation can help save Rs 50,000 crore: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Despite CILs higher production, some developers complain of low coal supply Read more
- CESC extends power distribution operations to Bharatpur, Rajasthan Read more
- Maharashtras green drive yet to benefit power consumers Read more
- Wake up to energy needs of EVs Read more