Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal appreciated the meritorious performance of Andhra Pradesh in the power sector, at the Power Ministers’ Conference in Goa on Friday.
He said the commitment of the A..P. government in promoting solar energy has resulted in the commissioning of a 250MW solar park in Anantapur district in a record period of 10 months. It is the first solar park in India to achieve that distinction out of 28 solar parks sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Mr. Goyal observed.
The Union Minister was also appreciative of the AP-GENCO’s maintenance of Plant Load Factor at 80.71 per cent for 2014-2015, which is higher than NTPC’s 80.23 per cent. He suggested to the NTPC’s top brass to visit AP-GENCO power plants, particularly the super critical unit at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district, and the unit under construction at Dr. Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station in Vijayawada for adopting the best practices.
A.P Minister for Labour, Factories and Employment, K. Atchannaidu asserted that A.P was ready to meet the target of setting up 10,000 MW solar power in the next 10 years and also to achieve capacity addition of 5258 MW wind power during the next four years.
- CIL chief hits out at critics of the firm Read more
- Losing and winning the gas battle Read more
- Spot power price in India nearly doubles in past one month Read more
- African opportunities Read more
- Atria Power in talks to raise $100 million in structured debt from Piramal Read more
- Central aid for Energy Conservation Mission Read more
- Regulator needed to boost private investment in coal sector:NTPC Read more
- New emission, water consumption standards for thermal power plants Read more
- How Narendra Modi government powered-up India; slashed energy shortage from 4.2 pct in 2013-14 to 0.7 pct in 2016-17 Read more
- Power supply restored in Adilabad Read more