Power News We love to talk!
Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal appreciated the meritorious performance of Andhra Pradesh in the power sector, at the Power Ministers’ Conference in Goa on Friday.
He said the commitment of the A..P. government in promoting solar energy has resulted in the commissioning of a 250MW solar park in Anantapur district in a record period of 10 months. It is the first solar park in India to achieve that distinction out of 28 solar parks sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Mr. Goyal observed.
The Union Minister was also appreciative of the AP-GENCO’s maintenance of Plant Load Factor at 80.71 per cent for 2014-2015, which is higher than NTPC’s 80.23 per cent. He suggested to the NTPC’s top brass to visit AP-GENCO power plants, particularly the super critical unit at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district, and the unit under construction at Dr. Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station in Vijayawada for adopting the best practices.
A.P Minister for Labour, Factories and Employment, K. Atchannaidu asserted that A.P was ready to meet the target of setting up 10,000 MW solar power in the next 10 years and also to achieve capacity addition of 5258 MW wind power during the next four years.
- $250 billion opportunity to invest in renewables: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Green bonds can potentially fund renewable energy, says CRISIL report Read more
- APTEL asks SERCs to Plan, Pursue & Ensure RPO compliance Read more
- Tata Power Mundra tariff: Customer wont be hit even if rates go up Read more
- ONGC eyes overseas corporate buys Read more
- Solar energy boom brings Indian manufacturers to financial collapse Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields to have its first power plant soon: Jha Read more
- Now, apply online with documents to avail subsidy on solar power panels Read more
- Power ministry, regulators contemplate ways to develop renewable energy Read more
- Questions over Reliance arbitrator in KG gas row Read more