Coal News We love to talk!
Union minister of petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan said that in the open bidding of small and marginal oil and gas fields which will start next month, government is trying to bring in start-ups to join the process.
Pradhan, who was in Guwahati on Saturday, told ET that government is working on if the net worth clause for start-ups may be reworked and instead bank guarantee can be taken for the start-ups. 'Already we have done away with experience clause for the Discovered small fields bid round."
The minister said that bidding will take place for 67 oilfields, out of which 12 are in Northeast India. In these fields there is resources worth Rs 70,000 Crore."We have simplified the bidding process so that start-ups with new technology can come in. It was start-ups will propelled the growth of Shale gas sector in US."
Pradhan added, "Local entrepreneurs can participate in a big way and make use of IIT Guwahati. "Guwahati roadshow was the second roadshow after Mumbai. The minister said, "By July 15 bidding will start and the whole process will be over by December this year."
According to the ministry Assam contributes 10 per cent of total crude oil and natural gas. Only 44 per cent of the resources has been tapped leaving an opportunity to establish and develop the remaining 56 per cent resource base.
The roadshow in Guwahati was attended by 200 participants including participation of industry leaders from Jubilant, GeoEnpro, Nippon Power, Eagle offshore, Jaybee energy, SKG Global, ONGC, OIL and BPCL. The discovered small fields bid round offers 46 contract areas which are estimated to hold in place oil and oil equivalent volumes of 86 million metric tonnes.
The minister said that bid round makes a shift from the earlier production sharing contract model to simpler and easier revenue sharing contract model.Peasant leader organisation Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti opposed the FDI in oil sector. Protestors gathered outside a hotel where the roadshow was going on protesting against including 12 fields from Northeast India in the bidding.
- Renewables row: US blocks India at WTO on localisation issue Read more
- MNGL to increase piped gas network by 42,000 households Read more
- IOC to help raise output at Nigerian refineries Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan kicks off roadshow for auction of 46 oil & gas fields Read more
- KK Wind Solutions of Denmark enters India Read more
- Soft loans to States in the works to provide power connections to the poor Read more
- Chevron and ONGC Videsh join New Zealand oil, gas search Read more
- Suzlon chief sees strong growth for renewable energy Read more
- ONGC gets US Patent on hydrogen generation process Read more
- China’s PCC inks $2.4-bn deal for IL&FS power unit Read more