Coal News We love to talk!
Union minister of petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan said that in the open bidding of small and marginal oil and gas fields which will start next month, government is trying to bring in start-ups to join the process.
Pradhan, who was in Guwahati on Saturday, told ET that government is working on if the net worth clause for start-ups may be reworked and instead bank guarantee can be taken for the start-ups. 'Already we have done away with experience clause for the Discovered small fields bid round."
The minister said that bidding will take place for 67 oilfields, out of which 12 are in Northeast India. In these fields there is resources worth Rs 70,000 Crore."We have simplified the bidding process so that start-ups with new technology can come in. It was start-ups will propelled the growth of Shale gas sector in US."
Pradhan added, "Local entrepreneurs can participate in a big way and make use of IIT Guwahati. "Guwahati roadshow was the second roadshow after Mumbai. The minister said, "By July 15 bidding will start and the whole process will be over by December this year."
According to the ministry Assam contributes 10 per cent of total crude oil and natural gas. Only 44 per cent of the resources has been tapped leaving an opportunity to establish and develop the remaining 56 per cent resource base.
The roadshow in Guwahati was attended by 200 participants including participation of industry leaders from Jubilant, GeoEnpro, Nippon Power, Eagle offshore, Jaybee energy, SKG Global, ONGC, OIL and BPCL. The discovered small fields bid round offers 46 contract areas which are estimated to hold in place oil and oil equivalent volumes of 86 million metric tonnes.
The minister said that bid round makes a shift from the earlier production sharing contract model to simpler and easier revenue sharing contract model.Peasant leader organisation Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti opposed the FDI in oil sector. Protestors gathered outside a hotel where the roadshow was going on protesting against including 12 fields from Northeast India in the bidding.
- S Sudan's Apr Dar Blend crude exports to fall 17% on month to 4 mil barrels: sources Read more
- Gujarat Gas cuts natural gas prices Read more
- Bosch commissions 12 MW solar plant at Cochin airport Read more
- Power consumers to save Rs 69,311 crore due to negative coal block bids Read more
- OPEC price war threatened by Saudi move risks further slide Read more
- Rooftop solar to become norm by 2040: NitiAayog Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan visits Saudi Arabia to expedite oil projects Read more
- India, Canada keen to step up ties in energy sector Read more
- Centre rejigs PPA, takes the wind out of state power discom bullies Read more
- Shah Committee to Submit Report on RIL-ONGC Dispute by August 31 Read more