Power News We love to talk!
NTPC, India's largest generating company has clocked 10% increase in power generation in the first quarter of FY 17 in comparison to the same period last year with an increase in generation from 58.70 BUs to 64.6 BUs. NTPC group achieved generation increase of 11.65% during the period. The electricity tariff billed by NTPC to the beneficiaries has also been reduced significantly as compared to the same period last year despite increase in fuel prices.
Company's efforts under UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna) which utilises the best principles of cooperative and competitive federalism aimed to reform distribution sector in India, as a result of rationalization of coal linkages, reduction in imported coal consumption, enforcement of third party sampling of coal and other measures have led to reduction in energy charges of coal stations benefitting the Discoms and the consumers.
NTPC has a total installed capacity of 47178 MW through its 18 coal based, 7 gas based, 9 solar PV, one Hydro and 8 Subsidiaries / Joint Venture power stations. Company has a capacity of over 24,000 MW under different phases construction presently.
- NLC biggest winner in 1,500 Megawatt Tamil Nadu solar auctionc Read more
- Kudankulam case: A Daniel's judgment Read more
- Fuel for power Read more
- Rising temperatures bring relief for electricity producers Read more
- Order on M/s Him Urja Pvt Ltd. seeking accreditation and issuance of REC Read more
- NTPC's Madhya Pradesh power plant gets green backing from panel Read more
- Essar Power likely to spend Rs 1400 crore on importing coal via online platform Read more
- NLC India head gets honoris causa degree from Utkal University Read more
- Indias power generators face falling utilization rate: Fitch Read more
- D&M confirms gas flow from ONGC to RIL fields Read more