Power News We love to talk!
NTPC, India's largest generating company has clocked 10% increase in power generation in the first quarter of FY 17 in comparison to the same period last year with an increase in generation from 58.70 BUs to 64.6 BUs. NTPC group achieved generation increase of 11.65% during the period. The electricity tariff billed by NTPC to the beneficiaries has also been reduced significantly as compared to the same period last year despite increase in fuel prices.
Company's efforts under UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna) which utilises the best principles of cooperative and competitive federalism aimed to reform distribution sector in India, as a result of rationalization of coal linkages, reduction in imported coal consumption, enforcement of third party sampling of coal and other measures have led to reduction in energy charges of coal stations benefitting the Discoms and the consumers.
NTPC has a total installed capacity of 47178 MW through its 18 coal based, 7 gas based, 9 solar PV, one Hydro and 8 Subsidiaries / Joint Venture power stations. Company has a capacity of over 24,000 MW under different phases construction presently.
- Coal production up 15% this fiscal: Goyal Read more
- RIL's earnings downgrade cycle over Read more
- Russia's Gazprom, Dharmendra Pradhan discuss LNG supplies to GAIL Read more
- Energy boost for Uttar Pradesh: Solar power park, panels in the offing Read more
- It's Centre vs state over LPG scheme in Congress-ruled Karnataka Read more
- Fuel supply pacts Read more
- PSERC tariff order for FY 14: Key highlights Read more
- Thermal power firms seek clarity in 'change in law Read more
- IOC directordesignate Debangshu Ray suspended over info leak Read more
- Russia's Rosneft offers ONGC stake in eastern Siberia oilfield Read more