Power News We love to talk!
NTPC, India's largest generating company has clocked 10% increase in power generation in the first quarter of FY 17 in comparison to the same period last year with an increase in generation from 58.70 BUs to 64.6 BUs. NTPC group achieved generation increase of 11.65% during the period. The electricity tariff billed by NTPC to the beneficiaries has also been reduced significantly as compared to the same period last year despite increase in fuel prices.
Company's efforts under UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna) which utilises the best principles of cooperative and competitive federalism aimed to reform distribution sector in India, as a result of rationalization of coal linkages, reduction in imported coal consumption, enforcement of third party sampling of coal and other measures have led to reduction in energy charges of coal stations benefitting the Discoms and the consumers.
NTPC has a total installed capacity of 47178 MW through its 18 coal based, 7 gas based, 9 solar PV, one Hydro and 8 Subsidiaries / Joint Venture power stations. Company has a capacity of over 24,000 MW under different phases construction presently.
- Escoms seek tariff hike of Rs. 1.02 a unit Read more
- Meet on 24X7 power to industries in city in Jan Read more
- Supreme Court says government coal allocations illegal Read more
- India to cut Iranian oil purchases in row over gas field Read more
- Need for solar power generation stressed Read more
- Pet coke import ban on environment concerns looms large over cement stocks Read more
- India's crude oil output down marginally at 3.1 million tonnes Read more
- IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, Engg India to build 1.2 mn bpd plant in Maharashtra Read more
- Government may not give free power to coal producing states: Power Minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- Tata Power can't terminate contracts unilaterally: NTPC Read more