Power News We love to talk!
Power generation growth has been 9.5 per cent this year so far, which is almost double of 5.65 per cent achieved during a decade-long UPA rule from 2004 to 2014. The power generation growth was recorded at 5.65 per cent between 2004 to 2014, 5.02 per cent in 2012-14, 7.03 per cent in 2014-16 and 9.5 per cent in 2016-till date, Power Minister Piyush Goyal tweeted today.
Goyal also said there was 87 per cent reduction in energy shortage in just two years to 14 million units (mu), from 110 million units earlier. According to Vidyut Pravah application to monitor power demand on the basis of data provided by states, the electricity deficit came down to 14 mu in July this year from 110 mu in the same month in 2014 and 62 mu in 2015.
Goyal also tweeted that power was available at rates below Rs 2 per unit yesterday at exchanges across the country with no network congestion. "This reflects country moving towards One nation, One grid, One price," he said.
According to the application, power was available at Rs 1.8 per unit yesterday in most states, including Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Odisha.
The document indicated that the power is available across the country at Rs 2.31 per unit in most states. As of today morning, the surplus power of 3,961 mw was available for states to meet their demand today. The total demand of 123 GW was met today compared with 112 GW yesterday, as per the data provided by the states.
- Infrastructure solar power: Centres new target of 40GW capacity from solar parks by 2022 can be met; heres how Read more
- States may auction under-construction wind power projects, further lowering tariffs Read more
- CERC to hear Reliance Power petitions after new Chairman takes charge Read more
- NTPC to cut supply if BSES fails to pay dues before May 31: Supreme Court Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- Land acquisition for Adani's solar park underway in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Houses take a shine to solar power as solar panels get cheaper Read more
- India, China to lead the emerging nations green bonds market in 2018 Read more
- REC trading at Indian Energy Exchange hits all-time high in November at 18.9 Read more
- ET GBS: We'll repel all greedy corporate efforts, says Power Minister Piyush Goyal Read more