Power News We love to talk!
Toshiba Transmission & Distribution Systems (India) (TTDI) has bagged an order from Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) for a UHV transformers package to be set up on a turnkey basis.
The seven units of 765kV transformers with a capacity of 500MVA will be manufactured at TTDI’s manufacturing facility near Hyderabad and delivered for installation at PGCIL’s Cuddapah substation in Andhra Pradesh for operation in November 2017.
TTDI was also awarded an EPC contract by Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Ltd (OPTCL) to construct a 220kV substation adopting Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS), also on a turnkey basis. The requirement for gas insulated switchgears will be delivered from TTDI’s facility near Hyderabad.
Dr Katsutoshi Toda, Chairman and Managing Director of TTDI, in a statement said, “These orders are a testimony to the trust our customers have put in our performance, reliable and cost-competitive products that are made in India, complemented with our speedy maintenance and management service.”
“Since the foundation of TTDI in 2013, we have proceeded with technical transfer of Toshiba’s key T&D products along with introduction of Toshiba’s quality management processes. Consolidating our investment in India, we completed augmentation of new power transformer manufacturing capacity at our facilities in Hyderabad by 50 per cent to cater to the increased demand and to have an established manufacturing and testing facilities,” he said.
The demand for UHV transformers in India is growing because of its efficiency in carrying massive amounts of electricity from the power plant. The demand for GIS, which makes it possible to build smaller power substations, is also expected to increase in urban areas in the background of skyrocketing property value.
“We have endeavoured to introduce new technology products and solutions. By manufacturing highly evaluated products and offering maintenance services, we will continue to contribute to stable power supply,” Toda added.
- Haldia Petrochemicals Limited faltered on export commitment against advance license: Sources Read more
- CERC upholds Greenko Budhils IA relating to payment of transmission charges to Powergrid Read more
- Government may cut stake in state-run companies to 49 per cent Read more
- Large floating solar project by next year in Andhra Pradesh and Kerala Read more
- NHPC's Teesta Low Dam-IV project running behind schedule Read more
- It's a regulatory decision, says Union Power Minister Read more
- Government may invite bids by January to allocate Rs 36,000 crore Tilaiya ultra mega power project Read more
- Sharp increase in powergrade coal price to boost CIL profits by Rs. 2,500 crore a year Read more
- Spot power prices dip in May as supply outpaces demand Read more
- Karnataka to set up worlds biggest solar park Read more