Power News We love to talk!
Chennai-based Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd (NLC), a Navratna PSU, has expressed interest in establishing a 300 Mw solar power plant in Odisha’s Balasore district. While the project cost has not been disclosed, industry estimates put the cost of installing 1 Mw solar capacity at about Rs 7 crore–Rs 8 crore.
“The exact location of the proposed solar power plant is yet to be firmed up. Neyveli Lignite is keen on setting up the plant in Balasore district where the state government is developing a solar park under the Government of India scheme,” a top official told Business Standard, adding that a team from the company is expected to visit Odisha shortly to see the site and examine the feasibility of the project.
NLC has already decided to enter solar power generation, with its first project being 50 Mw capacity in Andaman. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has prepared an action plan for Andaman and Nicobar Islands towards achieving its programme of green initiatives.
The Odisha government has unveiled an ambitious plan to establish a 1000 Mw solar park aiming to tap its potential for solar power. The state government has proposed to set up the park in cluster mode since it is not feasible to procure 5000 acres of contiguous land.
The park, to be developed on the public private partnership (PPP) mode, has been formally approved by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). It is poised to attract investments to the tune of Rs 6500 crore.
- Relief for those involved in electricity disputes Read more
- Utilities idle power plants on low demand; coal offtake dips too Read more
- Policy revamp key to boost renewable energy projects Read more
- Defunct Indraprastha power station to be converted into solar plant; move to showcase Indias commitment to clean energy Read more
- Centre working on policy, legislation to drive energy efficiency: Somaiya Read more
- Why India's canals could help fast-forward its ambitious solar energy plans Read more
- REC says over 10% lending this financial year will be in renewable Read more
- Global coal prices cool, but weak rupee worries importers Read more
- Power, port assets to be included in Essar-Rosneft deal Read more
- Kerala start-up invited to Kazakhstan expo, among '100 best start-ups' Read more