Power News We love to talk!
Chennai-based Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd (NLC), a Navratna PSU, has expressed interest in establishing a 300 Mw solar power plant in Odisha’s Balasore district. While the project cost has not been disclosed, industry estimates put the cost of installing 1 Mw solar capacity at about Rs 7 crore–Rs 8 crore.
“The exact location of the proposed solar power plant is yet to be firmed up. Neyveli Lignite is keen on setting up the plant in Balasore district where the state government is developing a solar park under the Government of India scheme,” a top official told Business Standard, adding that a team from the company is expected to visit Odisha shortly to see the site and examine the feasibility of the project.
NLC has already decided to enter solar power generation, with its first project being 50 Mw capacity in Andaman. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has prepared an action plan for Andaman and Nicobar Islands towards achieving its programme of green initiatives.
The Odisha government has unveiled an ambitious plan to establish a 1000 Mw solar park aiming to tap its potential for solar power. The state government has proposed to set up the park in cluster mode since it is not feasible to procure 5000 acres of contiguous land.
The park, to be developed on the public private partnership (PPP) mode, has been formally approved by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). It is poised to attract investments to the tune of Rs 6500 crore.
- CERC dismisses petition filed by SPS on behalf of solar gencos for issuance of RECs Read more
- Astonfield Renewables bags 4 mw solar power projects in Mauritius Read more
- D Sen takes over as Director (Business Development) of Indian Oil Corp Read more
- BERC invites comments on its Consultative Paper on the proposal for BERC (Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive Systems Based on Net Metering) Regulations, 2015 Read more
- Delhi HC refuses to defer CAG's exit conference on discoms Read more
- Assam dials govt on China's dam Read more
- Falling rupee's impact on oil bill may push fiscal deficit to 5% Read more
- Inox Wind, TPREL ink deal to execute 172 Mw wind power projects in Gujarat, Rajasthan Read more
- CERC approves transmission tariffs for various Powergrid assets Read more
- Squared Capital to invest $150 million in Amplus Energy Read more