Power News We love to talk!
Parts of South and West Delhi faced power outages on Wednesday as some BSES contractual employees held a strike against the private distribution company demanding pay hikes. West Delhi areas like Dwarka, Rajouri Garden and Punjabi Bagh and Saket, Panchsheel Enclave and Badarpur in South Delhi were some localities which experienced power cuts.
According to a representative of BSES employees union, an indefinite strike was called on Wednesday by a section of contractual employees, under an unrecognised union. “These people backed by AAP leader Somnath Bharti had called a strike in both BRPL and BYPL areas. Some areas in South and West Delhi faced power outages because of this,” he said.
- Avant Garde Innovations develops wind turbine to light up homes at a fraction of power bills Read more
- Adani Group to set up solar park in TN for Rs 4,536 crore Read more
- Electrification drive: REC averages 30,000 new connections per week Read more
- Ultra Mega Power Projects: The Cost Calculus Read more
- Two remote villages in Uttar Pradesh get Independence from darkness after 70 years Read more
- CERC constitutes high-level committee to consider aspects of RGMO/FGMO implementation Read more
- Cabinet rejig: Govts poster boys Pradhan & Goyal get their due with fresh challenges Read more
- Power yet to be fully restored Read more
- CIL-NTPC tussle over fuel sparks high tension for power sector Read more
- Peak power deficit in March improves to 3.2 per cent, says Central Electricity Authority Read more