Power News We love to talk!
Parts of South and West Delhi faced power outages on Wednesday as some BSES contractual employees held a strike against the private distribution company demanding pay hikes. West Delhi areas like Dwarka, Rajouri Garden and Punjabi Bagh and Saket, Panchsheel Enclave and Badarpur in South Delhi were some localities which experienced power cuts.
According to a representative of BSES employees union, an indefinite strike was called on Wednesday by a section of contractual employees, under an unrecognised union. “These people backed by AAP leader Somnath Bharti had called a strike in both BRPL and BYPL areas. Some areas in South and West Delhi faced power outages because of this,” he said.
- Cancellation of captive coal blocks looms large on 12 cos Read more
- As coal prices rise, power cos feel the heat with higher cost pressure Read more
- APERC appoints adjudicating officer to resolve the dispute between GVKPIL and APSLDC Read more
- Power subsidy gets cabinet nod Read more
- KSEB given power corridor Read more
- Kashmir's solar potential highest in India Read more
- 'Two state-owned insurers ready to cover Iran oil imports' Read more
- CERC revokes trading licence granted to SPCL and HMMIL Read more
- Delhi gets its first hydropower plant Read more
- Andhra CM's assurance breaks power deadlock Read more