Power News We love to talk!
Parts of South and West Delhi faced power outages on Wednesday as some BSES contractual employees held a strike against the private distribution company demanding pay hikes. West Delhi areas like Dwarka, Rajouri Garden and Punjabi Bagh and Saket, Panchsheel Enclave and Badarpur in South Delhi were some localities which experienced power cuts.
According to a representative of BSES employees union, an indefinite strike was called on Wednesday by a section of contractual employees, under an unrecognised union. “These people backed by AAP leader Somnath Bharti had called a strike in both BRPL and BYPL areas. Some areas in South and West Delhi faced power outages because of this,” he said.
- Govt clears coal linkage methodology for power producers Read more
- Congress slams Sukhbir's power tariff cut claim Read more
- Economic blockade pulls down Mahanadi Coalfields output Read more
- Call centre set up to resolve industry's power problems in MP Read more
- Village electrification works under DDUGJY yet to start in Jammu & Kashmir Read more
- CERC to hear Adani, Tata pleas tomorrow Read more
- Kerala's power usage nears 64 MU per day Read more
- Ray of hope for power firms on rate raise issue Read more
- Tamil Nadu solar auction: Most winners agree to lower prices Read more
- Power mantra: Blend thermal with solar plants Read more