Power News We love to talk!
Parts of South and West Delhi faced power outages on Wednesday as some BSES contractual employees held a strike against the private distribution company demanding pay hikes. West Delhi areas like Dwarka, Rajouri Garden and Punjabi Bagh and Saket, Panchsheel Enclave and Badarpur in South Delhi were some localities which experienced power cuts.
According to a representative of BSES employees union, an indefinite strike was called on Wednesday by a section of contractual employees, under an unrecognised union. “These people backed by AAP leader Somnath Bharti had called a strike in both BRPL and BYPL areas. Some areas in South and West Delhi faced power outages because of this,” he said.
- TN is the only State giving free power to small power looms Read more
- Ministry break-in: RIL, Reliance ADAG, Essar, Cairn officials arrested Read more
- Overall shortage of 81 million tonnes of domestic coal for power sector Read more
- West Bengal government to invest Rs 4,000 crore to develop power infrastructure Read more
- Look forward to new framework, says Tata Power Read more
- Naveen Patnaik seeks PM's intervention for people affected by power Read more
- Coal Auction Round III nets government Rs 4,362 crore Read more
- Vodafone, TCS, L&T, TechM in fray for 5 million smart meters tender Read more
- West Bengal government seeks 40% grant for 1,000 MW Turga pumped storage plant Read more
- Amid row, Delhi discoms propose win-win solution Read more