Power News We love to talk!
India's total installed power generation capacity has crossed the 300-GW mark, which includes 42 GW of renewable energy sources, including solar and wind. India's total power generation capacity was 3,03,118.21 MW as on June 30, 2016, which includes 42,848.43 MW, stated Power Minister Piyush Goyal in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha today.
According to the statement, private sector's cumulative installed power generation capacity was 1,24,995.51 MW as on June 30, 2016 while central plants account for 76,296.76 MW and state capacities 101,825,94 MW.
The minister also stated that the country has generated 12.01 billion units of electricity from renewable energy sources till June-end this fiscal while the output was 65.78 billion units in 2015-16 and 61.78 billion units in 2014-15. The target from clean sources in 2015-16 was 70 billion units.
The minister also told the House that 1,107.82 billion units of electricity were generated last fiscal. Thermal power constituted 85.19 per cent of the total generation in 2015-16 while hydro contributed 10.96 per cent and nuclear power's share was 3.38 per cent. India imported 5.24 billion units of electricity from Bhutan last fiscal, which was 0.47 per cent of the total output.
Goyal also said that to meet the rising demand of power, as per 18th Electric Power Survey (EPS), the capacity addition target of 88,537 MW from conventional sources has been planned during 12th Five-Year Plan. Against this target, 86,565.72 MW has been achieved till June 30, 2016, he added.
- Rosneft eyes Indian solar power market Read more
- Chandigarh may make solar rooftops must for all houses, buildings occupying plots larger than 100 square yards Read more
- Encourage members to increase renewables in energy mix: R K Singh to IEA Read more
- Delhi gives up 2,083 MW amid blackouts Read more
- Lenders helping developers in coal auctions to avoid bad assets Read more
- Declining trend in coal stock position at power plants in FY17 Read more
- ONGC renews insurance 35% cheaper from United India for $20 million Read more
- Power outages likely as state run generators ask discoms to clear dues or face supply cuts Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- MPERC imposes penalty on MPPMCL for non-compliance of solar RPO during 2011-12 to 2013-14 Read more