Power News We love to talk!
Many flood-hit villages in Bhojpur district have plunged into darkness as power supply in these areas have been cut off.
Power supply has been snapped in 20 villages and most of these villages are situated in Barahara block where people here are facing great hardship. Officials of the South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) said that power supply to these villages has been cut off as a precautionary measure.
"In order to safeguard the lives and property of flood-affected villagers, power supply has been stopped," said sources in the power company adding that as soon as flood water recedes, power supply to these villages will be restored. The villages where power supply has been cut off includes Sabalpur, DubeyChhapra, Paiga, Neknamtola, JivaraikaTola, AalekhiTola, Saligram Singh KaTola and others.
Meanwhile, floodwaters have entered some urban areas of Bhojpur district also which includes Nala More, Tari and Majhauan areas of Ara town on Wednesday. The flood situation in Bhojpur district is still grim. More than 80 villages of Barahara, Shahpur and Sahar blocks are submerged in water. People of these villages have no option but to remain confined to their respective houses.
As no vehicle can ply until floodwaters recede, patients are being taken to hospital on wooden cots. People of some flood-hit villages like Balua have taken shelter in buildings of government schools.
Meanwhile, Bhojpur SP Kshatranil Singh visited several flood-affected villages on Wednesday like Bakhorapur, Semaria, Karja, BadkaLauhar, DubeyChhapra, Paiga, Neknamtola, Keshavpur and other villages. He assured the flood-affected villagers of every possible help by the administration and also supervised the ongoing relief and rescue operation.
- Coal India supply to power sector drop 3.6% to 288 MT in April-December Read more
- How IIT-Delhi is coming up with eco-friendly technologies to boost a sustainable environment Read more
- NLC India abandons solar project plans in Rajasthan Read more
- NLC plans to set up 100-MW solar power plant Read more
- After SunEdison, Greenko Energy set to buy TAQA's hydro power unit Read more
- India Gas Solutions, a RIL-BP joint venture, names Vinod Thailiani as CEO Read more
- Suzlon wins 31.5 MW wind power project order Read more
- Green nod for NTPC's Rs 15k-cr project Read more
- CESC secures power distribution franchise in Bikaner Read more
- Shell launches bike lubes from natural gas Read more