Power News We love to talk!
Many flood-hit villages in Bhojpur district have plunged into darkness as power supply in these areas have been cut off.
Power supply has been snapped in 20 villages and most of these villages are situated in Barahara block where people here are facing great hardship. Officials of the South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) said that power supply to these villages has been cut off as a precautionary measure.
"In order to safeguard the lives and property of flood-affected villagers, power supply has been stopped," said sources in the power company adding that as soon as flood water recedes, power supply to these villages will be restored. The villages where power supply has been cut off includes Sabalpur, DubeyChhapra, Paiga, Neknamtola, JivaraikaTola, AalekhiTola, Saligram Singh KaTola and others.
Meanwhile, floodwaters have entered some urban areas of Bhojpur district also which includes Nala More, Tari and Majhauan areas of Ara town on Wednesday. The flood situation in Bhojpur district is still grim. More than 80 villages of Barahara, Shahpur and Sahar blocks are submerged in water. People of these villages have no option but to remain confined to their respective houses.
As no vehicle can ply until floodwaters recede, patients are being taken to hospital on wooden cots. People of some flood-hit villages like Balua have taken shelter in buildings of government schools.
Meanwhile, Bhojpur SP Kshatranil Singh visited several flood-affected villages on Wednesday like Bakhorapur, Semaria, Karja, BadkaLauhar, DubeyChhapra, Paiga, Neknamtola, Keshavpur and other villages. He assured the flood-affected villagers of every possible help by the administration and also supervised the ongoing relief and rescue operation.
- 600-MW Kameng hydel project water feeding project completed Read more
- Jindal Power may pick stake in Gayatri joint venture Read more
- Adani Power exploring options to sustain Mundra power plant Read more
- NTPC may sign key pacts with Sri Lanka by May end Read more
- Maharashtra: Government approves setting up of new transmission systems Read more
- MSEDCLs all-woman squad to keep a check on power thefts during fests Read more
- Protests brewing against Kakarapalli Thermal Vidyut Project Read more
- RBI working with government to revive distressed power utilities Read more
- Weak prospects for PFC, REC Read more
- Increase in clean energy cess on imported coal: Adani, GVK and Tatas to redraw foreign assets Read more