Power News We love to talk!
The V O Chidambaranar Port has inked a Memorandum of Understanding with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to install a five MW solar power plant. The plant, estimated to cost Rs 30 crore, would be of the direct grid connect type and will be set up under Power Purchase mode. It is expected to be completed by March, 2017.
The expected annual power generation would be 7.5 million units. Reduction of carbon emission from the project will be 8,025 Metric Tonnes per year, a release from the port said, adding the project is a milestone from the environmental aspect as it would generate pollution-free power.
The power would be fully utilised by the port, it said. The MoU was signed on Aug 24 by Port Chairman S Anantha Chandra Bose and Ashvini Kumar, SECI Managing Director, in the presence of Upendra Tripathy, Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
The release said that as part of Green Port initiative, it has already commissioned a 100 KW solar power plant at the port’s administrative building on August 14. The annual power generation from this plant is 1.70 lakh units. Another 400 KW Solar power plant is under installation on various buildings of the port and is expected to be commissioned in October, 2016, generating 6.80 lakh units per year, the release said.
- MERC allows Adani Power compensatory tariff of Rs 1.01/unit Read more
- Greenko to buy SunEdisons Indian portfolio for $315 million Read more
- IOCL to tap 1 MW of solar power Read more
- UP set for power generation bonanza Read more
- National Solar Mission: 70% of projects using imported modules Read more
- Mundra plant: Tata Power may not get relief any time soon Read more
- Efforts of Railways, CIL bring record growth in coal offtake Read more
- Coal scam: Auction proves right policies can combat corruption, says PM Narendra Modi Read more
- Renewable Energy Certificates trading on India Energy Exchange surges 550% on SC verdict Read more
- Alstom shareholders approve sale of energy business to GE Read more