Power News We love to talk!
The V O Chidambaranar Port has inked a Memorandum of Understanding with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to install a five MW solar power plant. The plant, estimated to cost Rs 30 crore, would be of the direct grid connect type and will be set up under Power Purchase mode. It is expected to be completed by March, 2017.
The expected annual power generation would be 7.5 million units. Reduction of carbon emission from the project will be 8,025 Metric Tonnes per year, a release from the port said, adding the project is a milestone from the environmental aspect as it would generate pollution-free power.
The power would be fully utilised by the port, it said. The MoU was signed on Aug 24 by Port Chairman S Anantha Chandra Bose and Ashvini Kumar, SECI Managing Director, in the presence of Upendra Tripathy, Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
The release said that as part of Green Port initiative, it has already commissioned a 100 KW solar power plant at the port’s administrative building on August 14. The annual power generation from this plant is 1.70 lakh units. Another 400 KW Solar power plant is under installation on various buildings of the port and is expected to be commissioned in October, 2016, generating 6.80 lakh units per year, the release said.
- Plant to come up in Madhya Pradesh to generate power, organic fertiliser Read more
- India added 4,765MW solar capacity in first half of 2017: report Read more
- Railways coal freight rate revision to hike costs: Power firms Read more
- AES, Adani, Tata Power-ICICI in race for Rajasthan power project Read more
- Tata Power to buy Nelco's business vertical for over Rs 8 crore Read more
- Delayed LED bulb scheme to start from June 1 Read more
- Indias first HVDC power transmission line to be operational on Aug 31 Read more
- Vikram Solar commissions 20MW Solar Power Project for Jindal Aluminum in Karnataka Read more
- Demonetisation shuts out traders, small firms from coal e-auction Read more
- Kudankulam to begin generation in a week: AEC Chairman Read more