Coal News We love to talk!
In a first such initiative in the country, the Telangana government is gearing up to set up a Green Incubation Centre (Green Hub) aimed at promoting green and clean technologies.
The newly carved out state of Telangana has tasted success with the T-Hub, a tech start-up centre, and is now in the process of finalising the new hub , Arvind Kumar, Principal Secretary Energy, said. Speaking on the sidelines of a CII Conference on Energy Efficiency, he said the hub will be a major thrust area for such innovation.
The centre will be set up in EPTRI campus and some international players in the innovation space will be roped into to back the initiative. The State is also seeking to access Green Energy Fund apart from the State extending necessary support, he said.
Wind power projects
With the State government seeking to encourage the setting up of renewable energy projects, the solar sector has already seen award of projects to over 3,800 MW solar PV projects which will be implemented by June 2017.
In addition, nine sites have been identified in Telangana, which have potential to set up wind power projects. To address various aspects of the wind energy sector, the State is at advanced stage of finalising a new wind power policy and expects to announce it after the State Cabinet approval, detailing how to take up wind power projects in the State. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
Referring to the solar power generation cost in Telangana, Arvind Kumar said the tariffs offered in the State are amongst the lowest in the country. This has encouraged a number of players to go ahead with their projects. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
- Governments must seize opportunity to halve carbon emissions by 2040: Report Read more
- Power stocks glow on hopes Centre will hike import duty on equipment Read more
- UPERC issues directions to distribution licensee on metering of consumers Read more
- Solar power presents huge refinancing opportunity: India Ratings Read more
- Clean Energy Woes: 21 lakh renewable energy certificates lie unsold with project developers Read more
- Power tariff may rise by 10% after freight, cess hike in Budget Read more
- Cut in coal imports may save Rs 40,000 crore this fiscal: Piyush Goyal Read more
- NTPC's total installed capacity rises to 48,143 MW Read more
- Codissia to organise electrical and renewable energy fair Read more
- Make solar power generation easier, fix net meter flaws, officials told Read more