Coal News We love to talk!
In a first such initiative in the country, the Telangana government is gearing up to set up a Green Incubation Centre (Green Hub) aimed at promoting green and clean technologies.
The newly carved out state of Telangana has tasted success with the T-Hub, a tech start-up centre, and is now in the process of finalising the new hub , Arvind Kumar, Principal Secretary Energy, said. Speaking on the sidelines of a CII Conference on Energy Efficiency, he said the hub will be a major thrust area for such innovation.
The centre will be set up in EPTRI campus and some international players in the innovation space will be roped into to back the initiative. The State is also seeking to access Green Energy Fund apart from the State extending necessary support, he said.
Wind power projects
With the State government seeking to encourage the setting up of renewable energy projects, the solar sector has already seen award of projects to over 3,800 MW solar PV projects which will be implemented by June 2017.
In addition, nine sites have been identified in Telangana, which have potential to set up wind power projects. To address various aspects of the wind energy sector, the State is at advanced stage of finalising a new wind power policy and expects to announce it after the State Cabinet approval, detailing how to take up wind power projects in the State. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
Referring to the solar power generation cost in Telangana, Arvind Kumar said the tariffs offered in the State are amongst the lowest in the country. This has encouraged a number of players to go ahead with their projects. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
- Government of Maharashtra Notifies the New Textile Policy 2018-23, promoting the Renewable Sources of Energy in the State Read more
- Telangana discoms told to sign pacts with Hindujas Read more
- Solar rooftop 50% cheaper than diesel generator sets Read more
- India to have 155 GW non-hydro renewable capacity by 2026: BMI Read more
- Gas price pooling, subsidies to help stranded power firms Read more
- Kelkar panel report on oil sector reforms: 'Link gas price to market' Read more
- 10 Indian blue chip firms, including Infosys and Tata Motors, ready to take green pledge Read more
- International Solar Alliance to be Ratified at COP22 in Nov Read more
- Supreme Court to hear coal blocks allocation scam case today Read more
- Indias solar power target not impossible, but difficult: Birol Read more