Coal News We love to talk!
In a first such initiative in the country, the Telangana government is gearing up to set up a Green Incubation Centre (Green Hub) aimed at promoting green and clean technologies.
The newly carved out state of Telangana has tasted success with the T-Hub, a tech start-up centre, and is now in the process of finalising the new hub , Arvind Kumar, Principal Secretary Energy, said. Speaking on the sidelines of a CII Conference on Energy Efficiency, he said the hub will be a major thrust area for such innovation.
The centre will be set up in EPTRI campus and some international players in the innovation space will be roped into to back the initiative. The State is also seeking to access Green Energy Fund apart from the State extending necessary support, he said.
Wind power projects
With the State government seeking to encourage the setting up of renewable energy projects, the solar sector has already seen award of projects to over 3,800 MW solar PV projects which will be implemented by June 2017.
In addition, nine sites have been identified in Telangana, which have potential to set up wind power projects. To address various aspects of the wind energy sector, the State is at advanced stage of finalising a new wind power policy and expects to announce it after the State Cabinet approval, detailing how to take up wind power projects in the State. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
Referring to the solar power generation cost in Telangana, Arvind Kumar said the tariffs offered in the State are amongst the lowest in the country. This has encouraged a number of players to go ahead with their projects. Lately, with focus on solar and wind hybrid projects, the State is seeking to come out with detailed norms, he said.
- Inox Wind to set up wind turbine manufacturing facility in M.P. Read more
- Tata Power eyes Africa, S-E Asia, SAARC for growth Read more
- Aggressive bidding for LNG subsidy to stranded plants Read more
- Why power stolen is power lost Read more
- New Coal Bill extends blanket protection to govt officials Read more
- Shivakumar: no foul play in solar power energy tendering process Read more
- JSW Energy says expects a power plant deal by February 2016 Read more
- Modi likely to lay stone for solar plant Read more
- NHPC plans 600 MW solar project at Koyna dam in Maharashtra Read more
- Suzlon wind capacity at Jaisalmer crosses 1GW Read more