Power News We love to talk!
A 50-MW solar power plant being set up at Ambalathara, near here, would be commissioned in December, said Minister for Electricity Kadakampally Surendran. The project forms part of the 200-MW solar power unit being set up with the assistance of the Union Energy Ministry at a nearby locality here, he said.
The 50-MW plant would be commissioned by Union Energy Minister Mr. Surendran said after visiting the power unit site along with Minister for Revenue E. Chandrasekharan here on Tuesday. Mr. Surendran said arrangements would be made to produce 30 MW power, as a preliminary step, by September-end while the project would be completed by December.
The power plant is coming up on 300-acre land in the Ambalathara village as the ongoing works is being undertaken by the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency. The power generated from the plant would be transferred to the State Electricity Board power grid at an estimated cost of Rs. 32.90 crore, he said terming the plant as a prestigious project in the State.
The power plant would be completed in a time-bound manner, he said in the presence of senior officials who accompanied him at the site.
- India imposes anti-dumping duty on solar cell imports Read more
- Cabinet approves signing pact for BIMSTEC countries' power grid Read more
- India likely to strike deal with Vietnam for oil exploration Read more
- IL&FS; Engineering Services JV bags Rs 136 cr order from PGCIL Read more
- KSERC approves draft PPA between SCK and KSEBL Read more
- Suzlon, Gamesa, woo customers with latest products Read more
- Vibrant Gujarat MoUs to touch Rs 30 lakh crore-mark Read more
- Narendra Modi govt deregulates diesel, approves new gas price formula Read more
- Will ensure 24x7 power to all Indians by March 2019: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Solar scam: panel issues notice to Chandy Read more