Coal News We love to talk!
Coal India Limited (CIL) and Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) today signed an MoU for effectively monitoring of environment related issues in the coal mining projects.
The MoU will also help in improving the rehabilitation and reclamation of the mined out areas, said a company release. The arrangement would help CIL in proper compliance and monitoring of the conditions that are laid down by the MoEF & CC while according environment and forest clearances, added the statement.
The MoU covers assessment and monitoring of plantation and eco restoration activities, preparation of wild life management plans, preparation of environmental impact assessment and environmental management plans, capacity building for the executives of CIL on environment and forestry issues etc.
- CIL may sign fuel pacts with 50 power firms including NTPC, DVC Read more
- Moser Baer Solar insolvency petition by Central Bank of India admitted by NCLT Read more
- No ownership rights for pvt firms in mine JVs with PSUs Read more
- India's wind energy tariffs may fall further in next auction of projects Read more
- We will use imported LNG as fuel for railways: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Government wants power companies to continue mining Read more
- NTPC to pull plug on Delhi; citizens to sweat it out; heres why Read more
- Just as global banks desert coal, can India ramp up the sector without foreign investment? Read more
- Electricity may get costlier as states demand higher royalty on coal: India Ratings Read more
- Centre to allocate 14 coal mines to PSUs within a week Read more