Power News We love to talk!
The power ministry, which spent Rs 18.86 lakh for improving the visitor space in minister Piyush Goyal's office as per the information obtained by ET through RTI, has said this was necessary on "functional grounds".
Underlining the point that no money was spent on renovating the minister's office, a power ministry spokesperson stated: "Creating additional sitting space and rearranging the existing one in office premises of the minister was necessitated in 2014 on functional grounds. It was done to accommodate most of the officers and staff members at one place as the minister was entrusted with the charge of three ministries — power, coal and new and renewable energy."
- Govt asks CIL to improve performance to avoid restructuring Read more
- Billionaire Ruias Stall Refinery Plan for Debt: Corporate India Read more
- Coal India board to meet on Aug 7 to frame new fuel supply agreement Read more
- MPERC rejects JPVLs petition for adjudication on operational issues related to Jaypee Nigiri STPP Read more
- PM Narendra Modi for innovation in renewable energy for affordable power Read more
- Two CSE studies show most brick kilns and thermal power plants in the NCR do not meet green norms Read more
- Uninterrupted power in TS, A.P. a result of Modis efforts Read more
- Expert bats for using solar power in cooking Read more
- NHPC pays government interim dividend of Rs 875 crore Read more
- DERC launches investigation of recent power disruptions Read more