Power News We love to talk!
The power ministry, which spent Rs 18.86 lakh for improving the visitor space in minister Piyush Goyal's office as per the information obtained by ET through RTI, has said this was necessary on "functional grounds".
Underlining the point that no money was spent on renovating the minister's office, a power ministry spokesperson stated: "Creating additional sitting space and rearranging the existing one in office premises of the minister was necessitated in 2014 on functional grounds. It was done to accommodate most of the officers and staff members at one place as the minister was entrusted with the charge of three ministries — power, coal and new and renewable energy."
- Coal demand to grow 4% a year till 2022 Read more
- Delhi Court to hear Madhya Pradesh coal scam matter today Read more
- India, Japan to deepen energy ties; Piyush Goyal invites investment Read more
- Coal India asked to stop mining at 6 major blocks Read more
- Supreme Court verdict may plunge future of power firms into darkness Read more
- OPTCL asked to explain dual policy on transmission line approval Read more
- ONGC to sell petrochemical, power unit stakes worth $1 billion Read more
- NHPC wants to give BYPL's share to two other discoms Read more
- BHEL bags 3.6 MW solar rooftop order from Surat Municipal Corp Read more
- Think Energy, EverStream Capital commissions 104 MW in Telangana Read more