Power News We love to talk!
With an aim to boost an effective and low-cost solution for electricity, construction workers registered with the labour department will soon be provided with solar panels as well as cycles under various schemes of Uttar Pradesh Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (UPBOCWWB). The department has already received applications from beneficiaries and the scheme would be rolled out in phases.
According to data accessed by TOI, 300 applicants have been selected from Bareilly, 300 from Shahjahanpur, 250 from Pilibhit and 200 from Badaun. There are more than 80,000 construction labourers registered in Bareilly alone.
Deputy labour commissioner of Bareilly, Roshanlal, said, "We have received applications from registered labourers from Bareilly, Badaun, Shahjahanpur and Pilibhit for installation of solar panels. The state government's new and renewable energy development agency (NEDA) will be installing the panels after approval of the list that has been sent to UPBOCWWB."
To be eligible for these panels, there should not be power connection at the address in which the beneficiaries desire to get an installation done. A nominal fee of Rs 250 will be charged. "Earlier 24 watt solar panels were installed free of cost which were sufficient to light 4 LED bulbs. This time, we expect to deliver higher powered panels," informed Roshanlal.
The department will also provide 1,000 cycles to workers and plans are also on to deliver 2,500 cycles by October end. "Any labourer registered with the department will be eligible for the schemes. However, she or he will have to produce documents supporting their claims. They have to be registered construction workers for at least 90 days in the past 12 months," said Roshanlal.
- IL&FS; to list wind energy assets as InvIT to raise Rs2,000 crore Read more
- Narendra Modis power reforms fuelled by bonds as bad debt stymie loans Read more
- Supreme Court agrees to hear Sasan Power UMPPs plea Read more
- Astonfield wins Mauritius' solar projects Read more
- APERC notifies tariff for wind projects commissioned in 2015-16 Read more
- Gas price pooling proposal to be reworked: Power Secretary Read more
- Overdrawing states plead political pressure Read more
- Gas pipeline in TN caught in politics, says GAIL chief Read more
- Power Grid seeks shareholders' nod to raise Rs 13,500 crore Read more
- DVC likely to recover 5,000 cr dues from Jharkhand Read more