Coal News We love to talk!
Mahanagar Gas Ltd (MGL) has revised its rates for compressed natural gas (CNG) and domestic piped natural gas (PNG) upwards from today after the Maharashtra government hiked VAT by 1% to 13.5%.
MGL supplies CNG to 4 lakh vehicles, including public transport and BEST buses and piped gas to 8 lakh households in Mumbai. In view of increase in VAT rates from 12.5% to 13.5% by the Maharashtra government from 17 September, MGL is constrained to revise its CNG and domestic piped gas prices to the extent of revised tax implication, a company statement said.
Accordingly, revised prices of CNG and domestic PNG in Mumbai effective from Sunday, will be Rs41.57/kg and Rs24.93 per unit (scm) respectively, it added. As per the release, this price reduction is also being effected in the municipalities adjoining Mumbai after factoring in implications of local municipals octroi/LBT and/or cess rates.
Revised prices (inclusive of local taxes) of CNG shall be in the range of Rs41.57 per kg to Rs42.32 per kg and of domestic PNG shall be in the range of Rs24.93 per scm to Rs25.01 scm in the areas/municipalities adjoining Mumbai.
- ONGC Videsh eyes up to $1.1 billion through dollar bonds for Vankor deal Read more
- PM Modi says Indias comprehensive National Energy Policy to be out soon Read more
- Indian Oil Corp to own 45 per cent stake in Ennore LNG's Tamil Nadu terminal Read more
- State-owned ports post 4.31% cargo growth in 2015-16 Read more
- Maharashtra state power utility launches amnesty plan Read more
- Power generation cost to rise by 8 per cent on natural gas price hike Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission revised the fees payable in accordance with HERC (Fee) Regulations, 2005 Read more
- CAG wants to check propriety of RIL spending on KG D6 Read more
- Coal India, worlds top coal miner, told to reform as import costs plunge Read more
- Hiranandanis looking to sell stake in LNG terminal project Read more