Coal News We love to talk!
The innovative solar power scheme of the district panchayat is likely to take off soon. The Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) has already completed the survey and feasibility study in 60 institutions under the jurisdiction.
The district panchayat has also received the approval from the district planning committee for the introduction of the Solar power scheme. The move is to address the issue of power shortage. "The project is in implementing stage. We will list out 12 institutions including educational institutions for the first phase," said district panchayat president Babu Parassery. We are planning to start the work before the end of the year, he added.
The total estimated cost for the project is Rs 6.63 crore. While the district panchayat will allocate RS 2.23 crore from its fund for the solar scheme, State government will contribute Rs 4.41 crore for the project. A set of 12 district panchayat buildings including hospitals, offices and farms and 48 schools under the jurisdiction of the district panchayat will be included in the solar power scheme.
The electricity generated using the solar panels will be stored by the KSEB using on grid and off grid system to reduce the expense for batteries for each institution. The electricity will be metred. The amount due from the KSEB to the district panchayat by means of purchasing electricity or the bill amount due from the district panchayat to the KSEB will be calculated measuring the total production and total consumption.
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more
- GAIL India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to help Dabhol LNG terminal operate all year Read more
- Maharashtra govt announces Rs 13,500 bonus for power company staff Read more
- Government asks CIL to expedite coal export to neighbouring nations Read more
- Rooftop solar projects, a good business opportunity: Ministry official Read more
- Electric car goal in India seen creating cyber-security risks Read more
- Indias rural electrification: Piyush Goyal vows to electrify Indian villages before 2019 Read more
- Azure Power commissions 30 MW solar power plant in Durg, Chhattisgarh Read more
- ICRA pegs wind energy capacity addition at 3-3.5 GW in FY19 Read more
- Green Investment Bank may invest in Lightsource India Read more