Coal News We love to talk!
Going ahead with its plan of setting up of around Rs 10,000 crore power plant in Odisha, CIL arm Mahanadi Coalfields has approached the environment ministry to seek green clearance for the 1,600 mw coal-based thermal plant.
“Towards gainful utilisation of coal deposits in Basundhara area, Sundergarh district of Odisha…company (Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd) has envisaged coal-based thermal power plant of 1600 (2×800) mw with super-critical technology,” CIL (Coal India) arm said in its annual report.
“…(MoEF) Ministry of Environment and Forests has been requested for enlisting the project for hearing in the forthcoming EAC (Expert Appraisal Committee) for consideration of grant of EC (Environment Clearance),” the report said.
“EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) study (for the project) has been completed,” Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) said. It further said that Central Electricity Authority — the nodal agency of the power ministry — has recommended the ministry for consideration of coal linkage for the project.
A special purpose vehicle, Mahanadi Basin Power Ltd (MBPL), has been incorporated as a wholly-owned subsidiary of MCL for setting up the project. The report said that MBPL has achieved several milestones towards installation of power plant. High Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) of Odisha has approved the project in principle.
Water Allocation Committee of Odisha has recommended 49 cusec of water from Hirakud reservoir to the proposed thermal power plant. “CIL board accorded its approval for the first year expenditure of Rs 1,019 crore to start the work and the proposal will be placed for approval of the project report in the CIL board subsequently,” the report said.
- In India's power transmission sector, the seller is emerging king Read more
- NTPC to buy 15,000MW of solar power through reverse auction Read more
- Power projects: Piyush Goyal says government close to resolution, solution soon Read more
- Power cos may import 82 MT coal in 13-14: CEA Read more
- Private power plants to CIL: Increase supplies from Korba fields Read more
- India calls for building SAARC power grid Read more
- UJALA will be implemented across country by 2019: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Peak power deficit in February narrows to 3.3% from 4% in Jan Read more
- Tata Power completes acquisition of WREPL Read more
- CETC (India) lays foundation stone for 200-MW solar PVC unit at Sri City Read more