Coal News We love to talk!
The current global energy consumption is rapidly increasing together with the demand for primary energy sources/fossil fuels, thereby causing rapid depletion of these limited sources. The environmental pollution is also increasing with the consumption of fossil fuels, which is affecting the health of living beings on the earth. The influence of greenhouse gas emission on global warming is also well documented. Thus, energy security and environmental degradation are of global concern. The conventional / commercial energy sources are not likely to meet the energy demand which necessitates alternate energy sources. This has compelled to take initiatives to shift from carbon based to carbon neutral technologies like solar, hydro, wind, biomass & bio fuel based technologies, etc.
India has announced its Climate Action Plan for reduction of emissions by 33-35% by 2030 over the 2005 levels, boosting clean (non-fossil & including renewable) energy in electricity generation to 40% (at least another 150 GW), while adding carbon sinks — tree and forest cover to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere — amounting to 2.5-3 billion tonnes of CO2 by 2030. Thus, the country has targeted to enhance nuclear power from 5 GW to 63 GW by 2032 and doubling wind capacity to 60 GW by 2022, solar capacity from 4 GW to 100 GW by 2022.
In the view of the above, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy notified the document that is the result of combined effort of all the members of sub-committee, experts working in the area of Hydrogen production and Fuel Cells and staff of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The total financial required in the area of Hydrogen Production is approx. 285 Crore up to 2022. The projects are categorized in Mission Mode Projects, Research, Development & Demonstration and Basics/Fundamental Research Projects.
The details related to technology, recommendations and conclusions are well drafted in the document.
- Six companies show interest to invest in Tripura power project Read more
- Hartek Power doubles solar capacity to 528 MW in this fiscal Read more
- Suzlon sells Chinese subsidiary for $60 m Read more
- Narendra Modi govts target of 20% gas energy mix by 2025 set to hit high-cost hurdle Read more
- Rs 1.09 lakh crore of UDAY bonds issued in 2016-17 Read more
- NITI Aayog unveils second version of energy tool IESS 2047 Read more
- Over 300 solar consumers deprived of subsidy by MEDA Read more
- Gamesa, ReGen win orders Read more
- Mizoram villagers object to commissioning of hydro power project by PM Read more
- Government set to start talks on merging 13 state oil companies to create behemoth Read more