Power News We love to talk!
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has installed solar power plants of various capacities in some stations.
Highlighting the achievements of KRCL on the occasion of its 26th foundation day, a press release said here that KRCL has installed a 25-kWp solar power plant at Kudal station and a 20-kWp plant at Sawantwadi.
Other stations such as Thivim and Udupi on the Konkan route have solar plants of 7 kWp each, and Khed, Chiplun and Kankavali have 2 kWp each. The corporation also planted more than 1 lakh saplings on the route during April-September this year, it said.
KRCL celebrated its 26th foundation day on October 15. The 741-km-long Konkan railway network connects Mumbai with Mangaluru.
KRCL’s George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa, which was inaugurated in October 2015, has trained 48 people. Ramkrishna Hegde Institute for Skill Development in Udupi, which was opened in November 2015, has trained 460 local youths, it added.
- Solar boat maker eyes 14 times revenue jump in FY18 Read more
- PSPCL adjudged best in power sector Read more
- CESC to invest Rs 2,500 crore in solar, wind power generation over next 18 months Read more
- Tata Power pays R68.4-lakh remuneration to Ratan Tata Read more
- Now 24x7 supply in 'power-packed' Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Deficient monsoon will put more load on thermal power plants: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Shree Ganesh Jewellery House may set up solar plants by Oct Read more
- Uttarakhand: Determination of APPC for the financial year 2013-14 by UERC Read more
- Discoms like RInfra, Tata Power plug into social media to redress consumer grievances Read more
- New emission, water consumption standards for thermal power plants Read more