Power News We love to talk!
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has installed solar power plants of various capacities in some stations.
Highlighting the achievements of KRCL on the occasion of its 26th foundation day, a press release said here that KRCL has installed a 25-kWp solar power plant at Kudal station and a 20-kWp plant at Sawantwadi.
Other stations such as Thivim and Udupi on the Konkan route have solar plants of 7 kWp each, and Khed, Chiplun and Kankavali have 2 kWp each. The corporation also planted more than 1 lakh saplings on the route during April-September this year, it said.
KRCL celebrated its 26th foundation day on October 15. The 741-km-long Konkan railway network connects Mumbai with Mangaluru.
KRCL’s George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa, which was inaugurated in October 2015, has trained 48 people. Ramkrishna Hegde Institute for Skill Development in Udupi, which was opened in November 2015, has trained 460 local youths, it added.
- Solar projects risk mitigation mechanism under ISA to be ready in a year Read more
- Narendra Modi government sells 7 pct NTPC stake to raise Rs 9,100 cr Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- 500 MW solar plant to come up in Chhattisgarh soon Read more
- Solar, wind cheapest energy source in all major economies except Japan: BNEF Read more
- Lighting up Rural Households Read more
- BSES denies CAG report condemning Delhi discoms Read more
- Approach paper on fixation of norms for determination of tariff for procurement of power from Bio gas based Power Projects Read more
- Coal-based power units flouting emission control norms: Report Read more
- Indias solar-powered dreams Read more