Power News We love to talk!
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has installed solar power plants of various capacities in some stations.
Highlighting the achievements of KRCL on the occasion of its 26th foundation day, a press release said here that KRCL has installed a 25-kWp solar power plant at Kudal station and a 20-kWp plant at Sawantwadi.
Other stations such as Thivim and Udupi on the Konkan route have solar plants of 7 kWp each, and Khed, Chiplun and Kankavali have 2 kWp each. The corporation also planted more than 1 lakh saplings on the route during April-September this year, it said.
KRCL celebrated its 26th foundation day on October 15. The 741-km-long Konkan railway network connects Mumbai with Mangaluru.
KRCL’s George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa, which was inaugurated in October 2015, has trained 48 people. Ramkrishna Hegde Institute for Skill Development in Udupi, which was opened in November 2015, has trained 460 local youths, it added.
- JSPL to allow lenders to convert debt into equity in case of Jindal Power default Read more
- Jan-2019 deadline for reducing power losses to 15 per cent: R K Singh Read more
- How solar rooftop plants are cheaper backup than diesel generator sets Read more
- Why its tough to run electric buses here Read more
- Indo-Bangla power project faces environmentalists ire Read more
- LIC hikes stake in NTPC to 12.98% Read more
- NTPC expects to cut Chhabra losses by a-fifth Read more
- Inland power in talks to buy, relocate and use three companies' distressed assets Read more
- As India opens up coal sector, global miners cool on investing Read more
- Damodar Valley Corp to suspend power supply to Madhya Pradesh Read more