Power News We love to talk!
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has installed solar power plants of various capacities in some stations.
Highlighting the achievements of KRCL on the occasion of its 26th foundation day, a press release said here that KRCL has installed a 25-kWp solar power plant at Kudal station and a 20-kWp plant at Sawantwadi.
Other stations such as Thivim and Udupi on the Konkan route have solar plants of 7 kWp each, and Khed, Chiplun and Kankavali have 2 kWp each. The corporation also planted more than 1 lakh saplings on the route during April-September this year, it said.
KRCL celebrated its 26th foundation day on October 15. The 741-km-long Konkan railway network connects Mumbai with Mangaluru.
KRCL’s George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa, which was inaugurated in October 2015, has trained 48 people. Ramkrishna Hegde Institute for Skill Development in Udupi, which was opened in November 2015, has trained 460 local youths, it added.
- In Gaya, change in behaviour of power users Read more
- Jakson Power plans 100 MW of solar power capacity Read more
- India's largest solar power plant planned in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Ministry okays coal linkage transfer of Panipat thermal plant to new unit Read more
- Corporation Bank on energy-saving drive Read more
- Varanasi to be clean energy city before Munich: Piyush Goyal Read more
- 600-MW unit of UPCL resumes power generation Read more
- Visaka in talks with 3 state governments to sell integrated solar panel roofs Read more
- Jharkhand CM launches UJALA scheme for promoting energy efficiency Read more
- How Suzlon Energy avoided Inox Winds predicament Read more