Power News We love to talk!
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has installed solar power plants of various capacities in some stations.
Highlighting the achievements of KRCL on the occasion of its 26th foundation day, a press release said here that KRCL has installed a 25-kWp solar power plant at Kudal station and a 20-kWp plant at Sawantwadi.
Other stations such as Thivim and Udupi on the Konkan route have solar plants of 7 kWp each, and Khed, Chiplun and Kankavali have 2 kWp each. The corporation also planted more than 1 lakh saplings on the route during April-September this year, it said.
KRCL celebrated its 26th foundation day on October 15. The 741-km-long Konkan railway network connects Mumbai with Mangaluru.
KRCL’s George Fernandes Institute of Tunnel Technology in Goa, which was inaugurated in October 2015, has trained 48 people. Ramkrishna Hegde Institute for Skill Development in Udupi, which was opened in November 2015, has trained 460 local youths, it added.
- Over 99% of power generation target achieved in current fiscal so far Read more
- Govt cancels mine allotted for Reliance Powers Sasan project Read more
- India's maiden Gas Trading Hub to be functional before Dec: PNGRB Read more
- Hinduja Group closing in on acquisition in solar energy space Read more
- UJALA will be implemented across country by 2019: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Tata Power too plugs into 5/25 scheme, near deal for Rs 10,000-cr refinance Read more
- ACME wins orders for 200 MW solar power projects in Andhra, Telangana Read more
- NHPC plans to take up 3 thermal power projects Read more
- Power plants near mines will lift coal through road: Coal Ministry Read more
- Tap solar power, Kurien tells CM Read more