Power News We love to talk!
Proposing to procure 500 MW of solar power through reverse bidding in order to meet its Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement, Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has floated a tender with an upper limit of Rs. 5.10 per unit.
According to the tender document floated on Thursday, TANGEDCO has proposed to facilitate investors by procuring the energy generated from these plants through a long-term Energy Purchase Agreement up to a capacity of 500 MW.
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) has fixed the RPO targets at 2.5 per cent for 2016-17 and 5 per cent for 2017-18. “To meet RPO targets, approximately 1,200 MW of solar power is required for 2016-17 and approximately 2,400 MW of solar power is required for 2017-18,” the document stated.
- HPERC imposes penalty on HPSEBL Read more
- Thermal Powertech signs PPA with AP Discoms Read more
- TS-origin power staff on the warpath Read more
- Patna air quality is now worse than Delhi: WHO Read more
- Wind capacity addition to fall to 1.5 GW in FY18: Rating firm Read more
- Former coal miners want compensation law scrapped Read more
- Delhi Jal Board commissions first hydropower plant Read more
- Green bonds can potentially fund renewable energy, says CRISIL report Read more
- CERC revises transmission charges for Powergrids ICT-II at Sitarganj following APTELs judgment Read more
- Farmers to dump 'black gold' in front of government offices Read more