Power News We love to talk!
Proposing to procure 500 MW of solar power through reverse bidding in order to meet its Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement, Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has floated a tender with an upper limit of Rs. 5.10 per unit.
According to the tender document floated on Thursday, TANGEDCO has proposed to facilitate investors by procuring the energy generated from these plants through a long-term Energy Purchase Agreement up to a capacity of 500 MW.
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) has fixed the RPO targets at 2.5 per cent for 2016-17 and 5 per cent for 2017-18. “To meet RPO targets, approximately 1,200 MW of solar power is required for 2016-17 and approximately 2,400 MW of solar power is required for 2017-18,” the document stated.
- Failure by states to pay for renewable power may trip 2022 target Read more
- Reliance discoms BSES Yamuna and Rajdhani yet to get comfort letter Read more
- OU power supply row: Shabbir petitions SHRC Read more
- Solar mini-grid technology Read more
- RInfra, Adani to close 18,000-crore deal next week Read more
- How Chandigarh is gearing up to harnessing power from the sun Read more
- Cabinet nod for signing pact with Mozambique for oil & gas Read more
- Government colleges set to tap solar power Read more
- CERC revokes trading licence of GFPSPL and GESPL; suspends KCTBLs licence revocation Read more
- NTPC ventures into wind energy, invites bids for 100 MW project Read more