Power News We love to talk!
Proposing to procure 500 MW of solar power through reverse bidding in order to meet its Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement, Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has floated a tender with an upper limit of Rs. 5.10 per unit.
According to the tender document floated on Thursday, TANGEDCO has proposed to facilitate investors by procuring the energy generated from these plants through a long-term Energy Purchase Agreement up to a capacity of 500 MW.
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) has fixed the RPO targets at 2.5 per cent for 2016-17 and 5 per cent for 2017-18. “To meet RPO targets, approximately 1,200 MW of solar power is required for 2016-17 and approximately 2,400 MW of solar power is required for 2017-18,” the document stated.
- Strenuous efforts needed to boost NTPC's performance: Parliament panel Read more
- NTPC's Kahalgaon supr thermal plant to generate low cost power soon Read more
- Gujarat govt to introduce hybrid energy policy Read more
- EESL dismisses allegations of scam in procurement; says Congress claims false Read more
- Big question: Is the UDAY data being cooked up? Read more
- Greenko to raise $1 billion through dollar bonds route Read more
- GERC rectifies previous order for TPL-Ds Dahej Supply Area Read more
- Tata Powers arm bags solar project in Maharashtra Read more
- DERC rejects petition filed by individual consumer against BRPL Read more
- Renewable energy firms worry about back-down by power discoms Read more