Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Krishnapatnam UMPP procurers ask Reliance Power to withdraw petitions to exit project Read more
- TS power woes to worsen Read more
- Solar power to light up villages in Naxal-affected Abhujmarh Read more
- After Reliance, Essar Oil too keen on subsidised LPG supply Read more
- IOC chalks out plan to double oil refining capacity to 150 MT by 2030 Read more
- Hilliard proposes 650 MW renewable energy project in AP Read more
- Essar Oil UK gets new long term working capital funding Read more
- Prabhu-led panel bats for more empowered players in coal mining Read more
- SC to examine Essars plea against Rs 2,300-cr fine by DGVCL Read more
- Tie-up with industry for natural gas pipeline mooted Read more