Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Essars Stanlow refinery to gain as rivals shut shop Read more
- Essar Energy commissions second 600-MW unit of Salaya power project in Gujarat Read more
- Investor sues Oilex for holding back information Read more
- Cairn India-Vedanta merger completed Read more
- Financial Technologies sells entire stake in Indian Energy Exchange for Rs. 577 crore Read more
- Solar manufacturers may boost capacity as demand surges in Asia Read more
- Uttar Pradesh: Government cancels 7 PPAs for 7,040-MW projects sans fuel linkage Read more
- Huge opportunity for US to export LNG to India, China: IEA chief Read more
- Karnataka: Order on Wheeling and Banking charges for RE generators Read more
- Govt announces bailout for gas projects, lenders Read more