Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Kerala start-up listed in the global league of six firms for clean energy campaign Read more
- Purti Group co develops bio-CNG for vehicles Read more
- Squared Capital to invest $150 million in Amplus Energy Read more
- Cong slams govt for hike in power tariff Read more
- BHEL commissions 10 MW solar power plant in Karnataka Read more
- RIL tells government to hasten project clearances to boost its economic growth Read more
- Delhi power tariff cut by 50 per cent Read more
- Mercom predicts another strong year for solar power globally Read more
- Karnataka to allot 300 MW solar projects to farmers, job seekers Read more
- NuPower commissions 30 MW wind farm in Maharashtra Read more