Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Sterlite Grid issues Rs 925-crore bond Read more
- Telangana solar policy aims to offer swift solutions for developers Read more
- Power projects hit by Supreme Court verdict may get fuel supply from Coal India Read more
- Cairn India revives demand to review cess on Rajasthan oil Read more
- Essar Ports to remodel business, invest Rs3,000 crore in LNG terminal Read more
- India ranks 3rd in 'Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index' Read more
- Coal case against Naveen Jindal: Interim bail of 5 fresh accused extended Read more
- Essar Oil fetches higher price on August naphtha cargo due to easing glut Read more
- GAIL, Oil India among 11 cos bidding for stake in Reliance Gas Read more
- Delhi power crisis averted: Discoms clear dues to NTPC Read more