Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Geological surprises, delays drive up hydro power tariffs Read more
- India's carbon emissions increased by over 5pc in 2015: study Read more
- Avantha, Adani sign share purchase pact for Korba plant Read more
- RERC dismisses VS Lignite Powers petition involving PPA dispute Read more
- Ajay Dixit to take over as CEO of Vedanta's power business from May 11 Read more
- BSES discoms secure Rs 1,000 crore loan to pay NTPC Read more
- ACME Group looking to raise capital by listing solar assets through InvIT Read more
- Switching worlds poor to clean energy could save them $27 billion: Study Read more
- ONGC to bear heavy repayment burden if it buys over 50% in KG block of GSPC Read more
- A year after grid collapse, power systems remain vulnerable Read more