Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Tata Power: Too early to rejoice Read more
- Power trading helps companies cut costs Read more
- Modis emphasis on clean fuels pays off: Fidelity, Aberdeen bet on natural gas retailers IGL, Gujarat Gas & Mahanagar Gas Read more
- Mahagenco invites bids to appoint consultants for solar projects Read more
- Reliance Power faces crackdown; heres why Read more
- Coal block reallotment hits Bengal-EMTA wall Read more
- IGL wins licence to retail CNG in Rewari Read more
- Delhiites to get smart electricity meter, says Discom Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan asks states to help bring petro products under GST Read more
- ONGC flaring Gamij gas, losing $4,000 a day Read more