Power News We love to talk!
Essar Power on Tuesday said it has resumed operations at its 500 MW gas-based plant in Hazira, Gujarat.
The plant, owned and operated by its subsidiary Bhander Power Ltd, has benefited owing to falling gas prices and rising power demand from the captive customer Essar Steel.
“We were committed to restart the operations at the earliest opportunity and we have done it now,” said Nishith Dayal, CEO of Essar Power Hazira Ltd. “We expect input cost to remain stable and help us sustain our performance.’’
The plant’s viability was impacted due to a surge in gas prices, which forced the company to suspend operations in 2014.
- Sudan holds up ONGC Videsh oil field licence extension Read more
- Niko to sell stake in Reliance Industries block on lower gas price hike Read more
- Lok Sabha passes bill to establish petroleum and energy institute Read more
- India may move gas-fired power plants to Indonesia Read more
- Coal output to miss govts target of self-sufficiency: Report Read more
- Sugarcane can help produce alternative energy Read more
- Lenders equity conversion move gave us a breather: Essar Power Gujarat CFO Read more
- Essar Projects bags contract for IOC pipeline replacement Read more
- Government to allow market price for some natural gas Read more
- LIC hikes stake in NTPC to 12.98% Read more