Power News We love to talk!
The Suzlon group today announced that it has entered into a joint venture with Ostro Energy for the development and construction of a 50-MW solar project in Telangana.
According to the contract signed between Ostro Energy and the Suzlon group on Monday, Ostro Energy shall acquire 49 per cent stake in Prathamesh Solarfarms, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) set up by Suzlon to execute this project, the company said in a statement.
Ostro Energy has the option to acquire the balance 51 per cent in future in accordance with relevant rules and regulations. The offtaker of this project will be Telangana Southern Power Distribution Company, the statement said.
Suzlon will be responsible for the project commissioning and also provide comprehensive operation and maintenance services for 25 years. “The project is expected to be commissioned in financial year 2017 (FY17) and will be funded 75 per cent by debt and 25 per cent by equity,” it said.
Suzlon won solar projects totalling 210 MW in Telangana through a competitive bidding process and the power purchase agreements (PPAs) for the same were signed in February. These include one project of 100 MW, one of 50 MW and four projects of 15 MW each.
“With the government’s thrust on renewables... this is the right time for us to foray into solar energy. This JV for our first solar project in Telangana is a significant step for the company towards a balanced energy portfolio. This is aligned to our vision to be a 1,000-MW renewable energy company in India by 2018,” said Ostro Energy CEO Ranjit Gupta.
“We believe that if India’s renewable potential is unlocked, it can transform the country’s energy architecture to be dominated by clean energy sources. We look forward to our continuing partnership with Ostro and contributing in the country’s energy security,” said Suzlon Group CEO J P Chalasani.
- ONGC set to find more oil reserves in Mumbai offshore Read more
- BGR Energy bids for overseas projects with Chinese firms & Hitachi Read more
- Oil companies to effect daily change in diesel, petrol prices from 16 June Read more
- Lucrative LatAm: MRPL to buy oil from Argentina Read more
- Solar power developers evinces interest in Punjab Read more
- Madhya Pradesh to provide state guarantee for 750 Mw Rewa ultra mega solar project Read more
- Can Suzlon ride out the storm? Read more
- Government will allow candidates from private sector for top management positions in Coal India Read more
- DERC dismisses BRPLs petitions for competitive tariff adoption due to withdrawal Read more
- NTPC Ramagundam misses target Read more