Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL has expanded its footprint in the international market by securing export orders for supply of industrial motors to the African nations of Togo and Benin.
Scancem International DA, Norway (Heidelberg Cement group) has placed the order for the motors for their cement plants, Ciments Du Togo S.A. & Cimbenin S.A, Benin, BHEL said in press release.
According to the statement, the motors will be manufactured and supplied by BHEL’s Bhopal unit. BHEL has been present in the African continent almost since its export journey commenced 45 years back and has references today in almost half of the African continent.
The company has recently built 500 MW Kosti Thermal Power Plant – the largest in Sudan. The plant was inaugurated by President of Sudan Omer Hassan Ahmed El-Basheer. The project came close on the heels of the successful commissioning of BHEL’s 28 MW Nyaborango Hydro project in Rwanda, 2×20 MW Steam Turbine and Generators for cogeneration application at Tendaho Sugar Factory in Ethiopia.
BHEL now has footprints in 80 countries across six continents. As an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer with over 50 years of experience and having installed over 170 GW globally, BHEL is currently engaged in the execution of all types/range of power equipment; Thermal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro and Solar, in addition to supplying products and systems to other major infrastructure sectors of the economy like Transmission, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Defence & Aerospace and Water.
- Petronas in talks to sell stake in Canada shale to Indian Oil Read more
- Chennai Petroleum may shut refinery crude unit in flood-hit Tamil Nadu Read more
- Singareni Collieries to invest Rs 10K cr on expansion in 5 years Read more
- Govt should reassess plan to replace old power plants with super critical units: Greenpeace Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more
- BHEL commissions 250MW unit at Harduaganj thermal power station Read more
- Power players seek independent watchdog Read more
- Funding in solar sector drops 59% quarter-over-quarter Read more
- New and renewable energy ministry takes cue from PM Narendra Modi, starts work on solar projects Read more
- Piyush Goyal to call meeting on Dabhol plant revival in two weeks Read more