Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL has expanded its footprint in the international market by securing export orders for supply of industrial motors to the African nations of Togo and Benin.
Scancem International DA, Norway (Heidelberg Cement group) has placed the order for the motors for their cement plants, Ciments Du Togo S.A. & Cimbenin S.A, Benin, BHEL said in press release.
According to the statement, the motors will be manufactured and supplied by BHEL’s Bhopal unit. BHEL has been present in the African continent almost since its export journey commenced 45 years back and has references today in almost half of the African continent.
The company has recently built 500 MW Kosti Thermal Power Plant – the largest in Sudan. The plant was inaugurated by President of Sudan Omer Hassan Ahmed El-Basheer. The project came close on the heels of the successful commissioning of BHEL’s 28 MW Nyaborango Hydro project in Rwanda, 2×20 MW Steam Turbine and Generators for cogeneration application at Tendaho Sugar Factory in Ethiopia.
BHEL now has footprints in 80 countries across six continents. As an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer with over 50 years of experience and having installed over 170 GW globally, BHEL is currently engaged in the execution of all types/range of power equipment; Thermal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro and Solar, in addition to supplying products and systems to other major infrastructure sectors of the economy like Transmission, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Defence & Aerospace and Water.
- I don't want to compromise on due diligence process: Veerappa Moily Read more
- After WTO shock, Centre set to subsidise home, foreign solar power projects Read more
- Why it's difficult to cut our dieseldependence Read more
- ONGC plans $11 billion investment to boost gas production by 30% Read more
- Gas price row: AAP may find company in Tripura Read more
- India-Bangladesh agree on private sector partnership to swap electricity Read more
- JCB India to enter industrial power generator market Read more
- Neyveli Lignite to set up 4,000 MW of solar power Read more
- Haryana: Change in distribution and retail supply tariff (HT industrial and Steel Furnace Power Supply) Read more
- India ranks fourth in clean energy investment Read more