Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL has expanded its footprint in the international market by securing export orders for supply of industrial motors to the African nations of Togo and Benin.
Scancem International DA, Norway (Heidelberg Cement group) has placed the order for the motors for their cement plants, Ciments Du Togo S.A. & Cimbenin S.A, Benin, BHEL said in press release.
According to the statement, the motors will be manufactured and supplied by BHEL’s Bhopal unit. BHEL has been present in the African continent almost since its export journey commenced 45 years back and has references today in almost half of the African continent.
The company has recently built 500 MW Kosti Thermal Power Plant – the largest in Sudan. The plant was inaugurated by President of Sudan Omer Hassan Ahmed El-Basheer. The project came close on the heels of the successful commissioning of BHEL’s 28 MW Nyaborango Hydro project in Rwanda, 2×20 MW Steam Turbine and Generators for cogeneration application at Tendaho Sugar Factory in Ethiopia.
BHEL now has footprints in 80 countries across six continents. As an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer with over 50 years of experience and having installed over 170 GW globally, BHEL is currently engaged in the execution of all types/range of power equipment; Thermal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro and Solar, in addition to supplying products and systems to other major infrastructure sectors of the economy like Transmission, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Defence & Aerospace and Water.
- Piyush Goyal asks Najeeb Jung for plan to permanently end Delhi's power woes Read more
- Bihar plans to invest Rs 28,000 crore on power sector in next 5 years Read more
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley Read more
- Power Ministry to finalise 12th Plan bidding norms tomorrow Read more
- No basis to gas price hike Read more
- Carlyle joins Cairn energy's Mike Watts to recreate magic Read more
- Away from OBOR, India pushing for 'energy diplomacy' in neighborhood Read more
- Narendra Modi promises quick access to services related to renewable energy Read more
- JSW Energy to buy Jaypee plant in MP Read more
- Tapti field shows signs of early dry-out Read more