Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL has expanded its footprint in the international market by securing export orders for supply of industrial motors to the African nations of Togo and Benin.
Scancem International DA, Norway (Heidelberg Cement group) has placed the order for the motors for their cement plants, Ciments Du Togo S.A. & Cimbenin S.A, Benin, BHEL said in press release.
According to the statement, the motors will be manufactured and supplied by BHEL’s Bhopal unit. BHEL has been present in the African continent almost since its export journey commenced 45 years back and has references today in almost half of the African continent.
The company has recently built 500 MW Kosti Thermal Power Plant – the largest in Sudan. The plant was inaugurated by President of Sudan Omer Hassan Ahmed El-Basheer. The project came close on the heels of the successful commissioning of BHEL’s 28 MW Nyaborango Hydro project in Rwanda, 2×20 MW Steam Turbine and Generators for cogeneration application at Tendaho Sugar Factory in Ethiopia.
BHEL now has footprints in 80 countries across six continents. As an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer with over 50 years of experience and having installed over 170 GW globally, BHEL is currently engaged in the execution of all types/range of power equipment; Thermal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro and Solar, in addition to supplying products and systems to other major infrastructure sectors of the economy like Transmission, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Defence & Aerospace and Water.
- UERC partially upholds petition filed by UJVN Limited against UPCL Read more
- Jairam Ramesh seeks Sebi probe into ONGC's GSPC stake buy Read more
- Delhi power: State lenders approve Rs 1k-cr loan to Reliance Group firms Read more
- TS to generate 2,000 MW solar power Read more
- ONGC to sell petrochemical, power unit stakes worth $1 billion Read more
- GERMI, Haryana power utility ink pact Read more
- Energy firms claim development agenda remains 'lip service' Read more
- Indias oil policy could do with a lot of HELP Read more
- BSES discoms ask DERC for help to secure bank loan Read more
- Vikram Solar commissions 130 MW solar project for NTPC in Rajasthan Read more