Power News We love to talk!
State-run power equipment maker BHEL has expanded its footprint in the international market by securing export orders for supply of industrial motors to the African nations of Togo and Benin.
Scancem International DA, Norway (Heidelberg Cement group) has placed the order for the motors for their cement plants, Ciments Du Togo S.A. & Cimbenin S.A, Benin, BHEL said in press release.
According to the statement, the motors will be manufactured and supplied by BHEL’s Bhopal unit. BHEL has been present in the African continent almost since its export journey commenced 45 years back and has references today in almost half of the African continent.
The company has recently built 500 MW Kosti Thermal Power Plant – the largest in Sudan. The plant was inaugurated by President of Sudan Omer Hassan Ahmed El-Basheer. The project came close on the heels of the successful commissioning of BHEL’s 28 MW Nyaborango Hydro project in Rwanda, 2×20 MW Steam Turbine and Generators for cogeneration application at Tendaho Sugar Factory in Ethiopia.
BHEL now has footprints in 80 countries across six continents. As an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer with over 50 years of experience and having installed over 170 GW globally, BHEL is currently engaged in the execution of all types/range of power equipment; Thermal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro and Solar, in addition to supplying products and systems to other major infrastructure sectors of the economy like Transmission, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Defence & Aerospace and Water.
- Shashi Shanker shortlisted for ONGC top job Read more
- eGoM made no new allocation of KG D6 gas: Power Ministry Read more
- Laxmi Hebbalkar owns coal mine in Indonesia, alleges BJP Read more
- SunEdison commissions 1 MW canal top solar project in Karnataka Read more
- Narendra Modi govts target of 20% gas energy mix by 2025 set to hit high-cost hurdle Read more
- Indraprastha Gas to introduce CNG-run air conditioners Read more
- India tries afresh to recover $660m from Venezuela Read more
- Jaiprakash shareholders okay Rs. 1,000-cr investment in PPGCL Read more
- UDAY scheme bonds to pay lower interest Read more
- WTO solar ruling may affect manufacturers in short term: Mercom Capital Read more