Power News We love to talk!
Coming down heavily on AP government for not scheduling Telangana's share of power from the Krishnapatnam and Hinduja projects, state energy minister G Jagadish Reddy said all power purchases so far were made through transparent tender process.
He said that it was AP government's reluctance to supply power to Telangana that forced the state to go for power purchases from private generators. He challenged TDP leaders to prove their allegations over power purchases by the state. "After AP refused to schedule power to Telangana, we were forced to call for tenders. We purchased power at cheap rates compared to AP, which was buying at a much higher cost. Due to KCR's vision, the state has come out of power problems and is racing ahead in power generation," said the minister.
Defending the purchase of sub-critical technology boilers from BHEL, the minister pointed that more than 32 thermal units are under construction across the country with similar technology. He said the Union environment ministry gave no-objection for Bhadradi Thermal Power Project, if it is completed during the 13th Finance Commission period.
Even the Rayalaseema Thermal Power Plant is being constructed with same technology, he said. Raising objection to allegations made by TDP leaders, the minister asked them to prevail over AP government to share 'rightful' power to Telangana. He also thanked employees of Transco and Genco for "their unstinted efforts to ensure uninterrupted power supply to consumers in the state."
- Are power cuts back? Read more
- Coal-power projects worldwide, including India, see steep drop Read more
- Govt amends solar bidding norms, developers can now pass on duty hike Read more
- 4,292 MW saved: expert Read more
- Govt may introduce new gas auction policy for stranded power plants Read more
- Coal stock increases in some mines on regulated lifting: CIL Read more
- India, Uganda to expand cooperation in energy sector Read more
- Red tape stifles Indias energy dream; just 15% PSC discoveries yield Read more
- Tangedco signs pact with port for coal jetty Read more
- Tamil Nadus electricity demand in December reaches new high Read more