Power News We love to talk!
Coming down heavily on AP government for not scheduling Telangana's share of power from the Krishnapatnam and Hinduja projects, state energy minister G Jagadish Reddy said all power purchases so far were made through transparent tender process.
He said that it was AP government's reluctance to supply power to Telangana that forced the state to go for power purchases from private generators. He challenged TDP leaders to prove their allegations over power purchases by the state. "After AP refused to schedule power to Telangana, we were forced to call for tenders. We purchased power at cheap rates compared to AP, which was buying at a much higher cost. Due to KCR's vision, the state has come out of power problems and is racing ahead in power generation," said the minister.
Defending the purchase of sub-critical technology boilers from BHEL, the minister pointed that more than 32 thermal units are under construction across the country with similar technology. He said the Union environment ministry gave no-objection for Bhadradi Thermal Power Project, if it is completed during the 13th Finance Commission period.
Even the Rayalaseema Thermal Power Plant is being constructed with same technology, he said. Raising objection to allegations made by TDP leaders, the minister asked them to prevail over AP government to share 'rightful' power to Telangana. He also thanked employees of Transco and Genco for "their unstinted efforts to ensure uninterrupted power supply to consumers in the state."
- Renewables to account for over 60 per cent of India's power capacity: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Coal imports flat in June as local supply jumps: Report Read more
- Kundankulam nuclear power project: Reliance Communications is lowest EPC contract bidder, beats Tata Projects, L&T Read more
- Government to consider new power tariff policy tomorrow Read more
- Low fuel costs aid NTPC, but demand revival is key Read more
- High-level panel to monitor power schemes Read more
- Rs 9,000 crore Ken-Betwa river linking project gets Wildlife Board clearance Read more
- Solar equipment makers get funding support Read more
- Right time for Indian oil companies to invest in Canada: CIF Read more
- Sensex trading flat; Oil & gas, realty stocks major gainers Read more