Power News We love to talk!
A 5 Megawatt Peak (Mega Watt peak) grid interactive captive solar power plant has been commissioned by BHEL, Trichy, on its premises in June, as part of its efforts to promote the use of clean and renewable energy sources and to achieve significant reduction in energy costs.
The captive power plant, including photovoltaic modules, power conditioning units, high tension switch gear panels and the SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) system, were manufactured and supplied by BHEL's Electronics Division, Bengaluru. Utilizing an array of 19,968 photovoltaic modules spread over 25 acres, the solar power plant has already generated over 18 lakh units of electricity since June and is expected to facilitate substantial savings in energy costs over the long term.
Payback period for the investment of about Rs 30 crore including civil works is expected to be just 5 years and 1 month while the operational life of the solar power plant will be a minimum of 25 years. While this is the first megawatt scale solar power plant at BHEL Trichy, it has earlier commissioned two 50 kW and one 20 kW solar power plants on the roof-tops of major office buildings including the Administrative Building.
Five 30 kW, one 25 kW and one 5 kW roof-top solar power plants are also in operation in the township schools and BHEL Trichy has also installed a total of 289 solar powered street lights so far in its factory and township premises.
12 coaches for DEMU passengers:
Four DEMU passengers from Trichy will function with 12 coaches instead of the current eight coaches with effect from following the dates, as a trail measure. While train number 76852 Trichy - Nagor DEMU passenger will run with 12 coaches from Tuesday, train number 76851 Nagor - Trichy DEMU passenger, 06852 Nagor - Karikal DEMU passenger and 06851Karikal - Nagor DEMU passenger will run with 12 coaches from Wednesday.
Annal Ambedkar award:
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Annal Ambedkar award given by the Tamil Nadu government. The award is given to those who work for the upliftment of the dalits. Interested candidates can download application forms from www.tn.gov.in/ta/forms/dapatname/1, said the district collector. Applications can also be obtained from office of the district adi dravida welfare department.
- SECIs 1GW wind power tender sees high interest Read more
- V O Chidambaranar Port inks pact with SECI to set up 5 MW solar plant Read more
- 'Arunachal Pradesh received Rs 1,495.62 crore as upfront money for hydel projects': CM Nabam Tuki Read more
- Power Ministry wants States to expedite renewable-energy capacity addition Read more
- Indias rooftop solar capacity crosses 1 GW: Bridge To India report Read more
- Tangedco hopeful of adding 1,250 MW of solar power Read more
- APERC calls for public hearing on Tariff for upcoming Wind Projects in AP Read more
- Unable to recover costs, private discoms in Delhi seek govt help Read more
- Tribunal nixes award of compensatory tariff to Adani Power, Tata Power Read more
- Torrent Power's gas-based plants to get gas subsidy on use of RLNG Read more