Power News We love to talk!
Sembcorp has announced it has completed construction of first 660 MW of its 1,320 MW thermal power plant coming up at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, close to another power project of 1,320 MW under its fold.
The 1,320-MW project is being executed by Sembcorp Gayatri Power. The second unit of 660 MW is expected to be complete during the first quarter of 2017.
Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited (SGPL) (formerly NCC Power Projects Limited), is a joint venture between its wholly-owned subsidiary Sembcorp Utilities, and Gayatri Energy Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gayatri Projects.
The power plant utilises supercritical technology that allows for enhanced efficiency and reduced emissions compared to other conventional coal-fired power plants. Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited owns, develops and operates a 1,320-MW coal-fired power plant with a total investment of approximately $1.5 billion.
Singapore-based Sembcorp Industries has over 10,000 MW of gross power capacity. In India, Sembcorp has a portfolio of thermal and renewable assets with over 3,500 MW of power capacity in operation and under development in seven States.
The 2,640-MW Sembcorp Gayatri Power Complex in Andhra Pradesh houses two identical supercritical thermal power plants – Thermal Powertech Corporation India and Sembcorp Gayatri Power.
Sembcorp’s renewable energy portfolio in India, operated through Sembcorp Green Infra, consists of 900 MW of wind and solar power assets in six States across the southern, western and central regions of India.
- Amarinder promises cheaper power, petrol, LPG in Punjab Read more
- India's first smart grid to come up in Gurgaon Read more
- Power demand falls, but installed solar capacity up Read more
- Clean energy: Govt is moving away from its plan by diluting the National Clean Energy Fund Read more
- Tata Power ties up funds for Georgian hydel project Read more
- NTPC-Ramagundam power generation target reduced Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- Adani Powers Tiroda plant resumes normal operations Read more
- India to create a federation of 50 solar power-rich nations: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Andhra Pradesh's festive gift to farmers: 15L energy-efficient pumpsets Read more