Power News We love to talk!
Sembcorp has announced it has completed construction of first 660 MW of its 1,320 MW thermal power plant coming up at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, close to another power project of 1,320 MW under its fold.
The 1,320-MW project is being executed by Sembcorp Gayatri Power. The second unit of 660 MW is expected to be complete during the first quarter of 2017.
Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited (SGPL) (formerly NCC Power Projects Limited), is a joint venture between its wholly-owned subsidiary Sembcorp Utilities, and Gayatri Energy Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gayatri Projects.
The power plant utilises supercritical technology that allows for enhanced efficiency and reduced emissions compared to other conventional coal-fired power plants. Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited owns, develops and operates a 1,320-MW coal-fired power plant with a total investment of approximately $1.5 billion.
Singapore-based Sembcorp Industries has over 10,000 MW of gross power capacity. In India, Sembcorp has a portfolio of thermal and renewable assets with over 3,500 MW of power capacity in operation and under development in seven States.
The 2,640-MW Sembcorp Gayatri Power Complex in Andhra Pradesh houses two identical supercritical thermal power plants – Thermal Powertech Corporation India and Sembcorp Gayatri Power.
Sembcorp’s renewable energy portfolio in India, operated through Sembcorp Green Infra, consists of 900 MW of wind and solar power assets in six States across the southern, western and central regions of India.
- India to meet solar capacity addition target of 10,000 Megawatt Read more
- State to add 1,000 MW of solar power to grid within 15 months Read more
- Indias first HVDC power transmission line to be operational on Aug 31 Read more
- Kalam for evolving energy utilisation norms for industries Read more
- Essar Oil targets 5,000 fuel retail outlets Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields achieves highest-ever coal production at 143 MT Read more
- Hero Electric launches range of electric scooters Read more
- West will have to pay for damage caused to planet: Piyush Goyal Read more
- IOC, BPRL & OIL to pay $3.3 bn to Rosneft in September Read more
- Vivaan Solar launches new app as gift to 'Digital India' Read more