Power News We love to talk!
Sembcorp has announced it has completed construction of first 660 MW of its 1,320 MW thermal power plant coming up at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, close to another power project of 1,320 MW under its fold.
The 1,320-MW project is being executed by Sembcorp Gayatri Power. The second unit of 660 MW is expected to be complete during the first quarter of 2017.
Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited (SGPL) (formerly NCC Power Projects Limited), is a joint venture between its wholly-owned subsidiary Sembcorp Utilities, and Gayatri Energy Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gayatri Projects.
The power plant utilises supercritical technology that allows for enhanced efficiency and reduced emissions compared to other conventional coal-fired power plants. Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited owns, develops and operates a 1,320-MW coal-fired power plant with a total investment of approximately $1.5 billion.
Singapore-based Sembcorp Industries has over 10,000 MW of gross power capacity. In India, Sembcorp has a portfolio of thermal and renewable assets with over 3,500 MW of power capacity in operation and under development in seven States.
The 2,640-MW Sembcorp Gayatri Power Complex in Andhra Pradesh houses two identical supercritical thermal power plants – Thermal Powertech Corporation India and Sembcorp Gayatri Power.
Sembcorp’s renewable energy portfolio in India, operated through Sembcorp Green Infra, consists of 900 MW of wind and solar power assets in six States across the southern, western and central regions of India.
- GAIL sells 2 million tonnes US LNG abroad: Chairman B C Tripathi Read more
- Northeast could feed India up to 1,100 MW of power by year end Read more
- How Narendra Modi government powered-up India; slashed energy shortage from 4.2 pct in 2013-14 to 0.7 pct in 2016-17 Read more
- Mytrah Energy signs pacts for 2000-MW renewable projects in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Luminous Power aims to double revenue from solar products in five years Read more
- BHEL commissions 500 MW thermal unit at Vindhyachal STPS Read more
- Manipal University goes greener with latest PV power gen plant Read more
- India's coking coal imports to rise in FY'17: ICRA Read more
- India's renewable target optimistic: IEA Read more
- Reliance Infra wins Rs 292 crore arbitration award against Goa govt Read more