Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), has recently awarded Sterling and Wilson a Rs 250 crore project for extension of substations, transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region Strengthening Scheme-IV & VII spread over five states.
This project comprises of nine locations of North East -- Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa, Kopili, Nirjuli, Agartala, Mokokchung. This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution network in North East. Speaking on the project Avinash Pandit, president at Sterling and Wilson said, “This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution of the remote locations of NER.”
Sterling and Wilson is to supply, install, test and commission the civil work for various 400kV and 132kV substations including transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region IV and VII at Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa and Agartala Sub-Stations.
Powergrid also intends to procure spare transformers at Nirjuli, Kopili and Silchar and spare reactors at Bongaigaon. The sub-stations involve supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a number of transformers ranging from 50MVA to 500MVA and reactors ranging from 31.5MVAR to 125MVAR.
The project is expected to be commissioned next 18 months from the date of award of the project.
- Rejection of application of Marquis Energy Exchange (MEX) Read more
- Restoring Grid Read more
- Railways may source power from Dabhol Read more
- Govt. asks BSES for roadmap to ensure uninterrupted supply Read more
- Clean energy sector adds 1059 MW in Q1 Read more
- Indo-Japan N-deal to boost India's renewable energy plans: IEA Read more
- POWERGRID RESTORES POWER SUPPLY IN NORTHERN REGION QUICKLY Read more
- No immediate plan to remove subsidy on LPG: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- CEA: Large Scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources-Way Forward Read more
- Shut five power units in Delhi: BSES to govt Read more