Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), has recently awarded Sterling and Wilson a Rs 250 crore project for extension of substations, transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region Strengthening Scheme-IV & VII spread over five states.
This project comprises of nine locations of North East -- Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa, Kopili, Nirjuli, Agartala, Mokokchung. This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution network in North East. Speaking on the project Avinash Pandit, president at Sterling and Wilson said, “This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution of the remote locations of NER.”
Sterling and Wilson is to supply, install, test and commission the civil work for various 400kV and 132kV substations including transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region IV and VII at Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa and Agartala Sub-Stations.
Powergrid also intends to procure spare transformers at Nirjuli, Kopili and Silchar and spare reactors at Bongaigaon. The sub-stations involve supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a number of transformers ranging from 50MVA to 500MVA and reactors ranging from 31.5MVAR to 125MVAR.
The project is expected to be commissioned next 18 months from the date of award of the project.
- CEA recommends Kakwara site for ultra mega power project in Bihar Read more
- Govt halts subsidy on CFL to encourage LED-based solar lights Read more
- Poor demand, excess supply sends coal off-take ratio to multi-year lows Read more
- CIL planning measures to ease fuel supply Read more
- Nuclear power generation rose 4% in FY15 Read more
- Oil and gas fields EoIs: As deadline ends, ONGC, Cairn India emerge on top Read more
- NTPC crucial to meet States electricity goal Read more
- Power tariff up in Assam by 36 paise Read more
- Forest dept asked for utilisation of corpus in 8 mineral-rich districts Read more
- Coal India trade unions call off Monday strike Read more