Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), has recently awarded Sterling and Wilson a Rs 250 crore project for extension of substations, transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region Strengthening Scheme-IV & VII spread over five states.
This project comprises of nine locations of North East -- Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa, Kopili, Nirjuli, Agartala, Mokokchung. This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution network in North East. Speaking on the project Avinash Pandit, president at Sterling and Wilson said, “This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution of the remote locations of NER.”
Sterling and Wilson is to supply, install, test and commission the civil work for various 400kV and 132kV substations including transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region IV and VII at Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa and Agartala Sub-Stations.
Powergrid also intends to procure spare transformers at Nirjuli, Kopili and Silchar and spare reactors at Bongaigaon. The sub-stations involve supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a number of transformers ranging from 50MVA to 500MVA and reactors ranging from 31.5MVAR to 125MVAR.
The project is expected to be commissioned next 18 months from the date of award of the project.
- Foreign bodies pledge $5 bn for solar mission Read more
- Actis commits $230 mn to build Indian renewable energy platform Read more
- Tata Power restructures assets to placate lenders Read more
- Govt to float tenders for solar photovoltaic power projects Read more
- Singareni Collieries hikes coal prices Read more
- Parts of Delhi see power outages Read more
- Tripura to supply additional 100 MW power to Bangladesh Read more
- Mining sector a growth engine for AP: Minister Read more
- Vikram Solar signs MoU with Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Read more
- Bosch executes 4 MW solar project for NMPT Read more