Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), has recently awarded Sterling and Wilson a Rs 250 crore project for extension of substations, transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region Strengthening Scheme-IV & VII spread over five states.
This project comprises of nine locations of North East -- Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa, Kopili, Nirjuli, Agartala, Mokokchung. This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution network in North East. Speaking on the project Avinash Pandit, president at Sterling and Wilson said, “This scheme will strengthen the capacity of distribution of the remote locations of NER.”
Sterling and Wilson is to supply, install, test and commission the civil work for various 400kV and 132kV substations including transformers & reactors under the North Eastern Region IV and VII at Imphal, Silchar, Balipara, Bongaigaon, Misa and Agartala Sub-Stations.
Powergrid also intends to procure spare transformers at Nirjuli, Kopili and Silchar and spare reactors at Bongaigaon. The sub-stations involve supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a number of transformers ranging from 50MVA to 500MVA and reactors ranging from 31.5MVAR to 125MVAR.
The project is expected to be commissioned next 18 months from the date of award of the project.
- India beats major ecos in energy demand growth Read more
- Coal Ministry wants 50 rail links to evacuate fuel from mines: Anil Swarup Read more
- India's fuel demand rose 6.2 percent in June Read more
- 11 hydropower projects can be executed in Tawang basin: Government Read more
- Salman Khan set to push Nitin Gadkari's e-cycle drive Read more
- Adanis licence request for CNG-retailing in Lucknow rejected Read more
- MSERC disposes of MePDCLs review petition Read more
- Waste to energy conversion to start within two weeks in Nashik Read more
- Canada sends first consignment of uranium to India Read more
- Oil Ministry to launch second round of small field auction in 2017-18 Read more