Power News We love to talk!
With a record generation of 1,5,275.02 million units (MUs) of electricity in the financial year 2015-2016, the efficiency of Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station (KSTPS) has achieved 74.31% of the total plant load factor (PLF).
Group general manager (GGM) of KSTPS Rakesh Samuel on Wednesday said the aim of the power plant is to produce electricity at low cost and hence they have stopped using imported coal from January 2016 with zero effluent discharge.
"We aim to play a lead role in PM Narendra Modi's vision to provide electricity to every household by 2022," he said, while addressing the officials of the plant. He said at present 42.16% of the total produce is supplied to Bihar.
He said the plant plans to regulate coal resources and cut the production cost in order to compete with the challenges thrown by private electricity production units across the country. Referring to social responsibilities of the power production unit, the GGM said that KSTPS is aiding in research undertaken for conservation of dolphins and in sustainable utilization of fly ash.
- Power min asks state utilities to complete transmission projects in pipeline to meet summer demand Read more
- Jharkhand's Tilaiya ultra mega power project likely to be auctioned afresh Read more
- Plan panel meets today to set power targets for FY14 Read more
- Damodar Valley Corp to suspend power supply to Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Indias utilities seen holding up $360 million for renewable Read more
- Torrent Power seeks 5/25 relief for project with Rs 1,300-cr debt Read more
- Engie in talks with Equis Energy to acquire green energy assets in India Read more
- 8 steps taken by Piyush Goyal-led Power Ministry to make it easier to get an electricity connection Read more
- NTPC coal mining project at Pakri-Barwadih starts after 12 years Read more
- Maharashtra developing scheme for cheap solar power supply to textile units Read more