Power News We love to talk!
Vedanta Limited, India's largest non-ferrous me
Vedanta Ltd's net profit stood at Rs 2,277.9 crore for the quarter ended 30 September as compared to Rs 2,057.5 crore in the same period a year ago.
“We have made significant progress in operations and working capital initiatives, we maximised free cash flow. We have substantially reduced our debt and remain focused on strengthening our balance sheet," said Tom Albanese, Chief Executive Officer, Vedanta Limited.
The total income of the company dipped marginally to Rs 16,777.68 crore compared to Rs 17,528.87 crore last year. "Simplifying the group structure continues to be a priority, and the Cairn India - Vedanta Limited merger remains on track for completion in first quarter of 2017,” the Vedanta CEO added.
Vedanta also posted free cash flow growth capex of Rs 2,613 crore driven by operating performance and working capital initiatives. The free cash flow lead to a strong financial position with total cash and liquid investments of Rs 54,833 crore and net debt reduction of Rs 2,259 crore.
Vedanta, Sterlite Energy's parent company also attributed it's good performance on the capitalization of the 3rd unit of Talwandi Sabo Power Limited's (TSPL) 660 Megawatt unit.
Vedanta Limited, a subsidiary of London listed Vedanta Resources, The company with it's headquarters in also announced interim dividend of Rs. 1.75 per share. The company's share price at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) today closed at Rs 201.55 up 1.10 per cent over previous close.
- Essar Power to invest Rs. 30,000 crore for capacity expansion Read more
- Wind Power India to see several new product launches Read more
- BGR Energy Systems bags Rs 2,789 cr order from NLC India Read more
- Wrangling between AAI and distribution firms delays solar power plants at six airports Read more
- UP set for power generation bonanza Read more
- CIL in talk with coastal power companies to substitute imports Read more
- Phelan Energy in talks to acquire 200MW of solar power projects in India Read more
- BYD May Compete with Auto Majors for Govts E-car Order Read more
- Draft Net Metering based Solar Rooftop Policy - Madhya Pradesh Read more
- With black-marketing curbs, LPG imports see 30% jump Read more