Coal News We love to talk!
About 84 per cent of solar cells and modules imports were from China alone in 2015-16, Parliament was informed today.
As much as USD 1.96 worth of solar cells and modules were imported from China against the total imports of these equipment of USD 2.34 billion in 2015-16, New and Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal stated in a written reply to Rajya Sabha today.
According to the reply, India had imported solar cells and modules worth USD 820.95 million in 2014-15 including USD 603.34 million imports from China alone. Similarly, out of the total imports of other photocells of USD 64.57 million, USD 49.96 million were from China alone in the last fiscal.
As per the statement, total wind mills imports were USD 727,741 which includes USD 190,096 from China alone.
The Minister stated that government is providing support to domestic manufacturers through a provision of reserving some capacities for domestic cells and modules which gives assured market to domestic manufacturers.
Anti-dumping duty on some countries will still leave scope for imports from other countries and does not give assured market for domestic manufacturers, he added.
The government has set an ambitious target of adding 175 GW power generation capacities by 2022 from renewable sources, including 100 GW from solar, 60 GW from the wind, 10 GW from biomass and 5 GW from small hydroelectric projects
- JERC: REC Accreditation Charges for issue of RECs for Renewal Energy Projects chargeable by State Agency Read more
- 24x7 power supply to entire country a big challenge: PK Mishra Read more
- Northeast region adopts renewable energy to overcome power crisis Read more
- BEST power tariff to fall by 3-10 per cent for residential consumers Read more
- New plants will cut electricity bill substantially Read more
- Gujarat invites tenders for 700 MW solar projects sans ceiling tariff Read more
- RIL executive, 4 others sent to police custody Read more
- DJB commissions biogas power plant in East Delhi Read more
- Soon, Gujarat could have Asia's largest city gas distributor Read more
- Trying to bring entire Maharashtra under solar power: Minister Read more