Coal News We love to talk!
MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) Notified the Order on Clarification on Eligibility of CFA for Grid Tied Projects (without Net Metering facility) dated 17th Nov 2016. MNRE issued the guidelines on Grid Connected Rooftop and Small Power Plants dated 26th June 2014. It stated that: “In grid connected rooftop or small SPV system, the DC power generated from SPV panel is converted to AC power using power conditioning unit and is fed to the grid either of 33 kV/II kV three phase lines or of 440/220 Volt three/single phase line depending on the capacity of the system installed at institution/commercial establishment or residential complex and the regulatory framework specified for respective States. They generate power during the day time which is utilized fully by powering captive loads and feed excess power to the grid as long as grid is available. In case, where solar power is not sufficient due to cloud cover etc., the captive loads are served by drawing power from the grid. The grid-interactive roof top system can work on net metering basis wherein the beneficiary pays to the utility on net meter reading basis only. Alternatively two meters can also be installed to measure the export and import of power separately. The mechanism based on gross metering at mutually agreed tariff can also be adopted. Many such power plants can be installed at the roofs of residential and commercial complex, housing societies. community center, government organizations. private institutions etc.”
As mentioned above, the Captive Plants are already covered under the Scheme. However, for further clarification the following line is included in the guidelines: “Grid connected solar rooftop power plants with captive consumption is also eligible for CFA under the "Grid Connected Solar Roof top programme" (with or without net metering/gross metering). At the time of claiming CFA, a joint inspection certificate (Consumer, developer and/or SNAs/DISCOMs) will be submitted to MNRE in this regard. Undertaking by Rooftop Owner! Consumer & developer regarding no injection to grid will also require to be submitted.
- Solar installations in India to double to 4GW in 2016: Mercom Capital Read more
- Discoms default on renewable power Read more
- CERC approves transmission charges for various POWERGRID assets for 2009-14 Read more
- Indian scientists generate electricity from water sans using energy Read more
- Power generation slips Read more
- Narayanaswamy favours FDI in nuclear sector Read more
- BHEL sets up over 45K MW capacity; beats 12th Plan target Read more
- TS Genco set to add 2,500 MW by March Read more
- Coal India to launch coal auction for power companies with flexible lifting Read more
- Telangana's solar power generation capacity reaches 3,800 Megawatt Read more