Power News We love to talk!
Dhirendra Veer Singh today assumed charge as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of state-run hydro power firm THDC India Ltd (THDCIL).
Prior to taking over as CMD, Singh was holding the charge of Director (Technical) in the company and his tenure as CMD shall be up to April 30 2021, the company said in a statement. According to the statement, Singh takes over the company at a critical juncture as it seeks to consolidate its position in the hydropower industry as well as strike out into the wider renewable energy space.
"After a professionally fulfilling journey of more than two decades with THDCIL, it is an honour to take up this new responsibility," Singh said. "As CMD, my objective would be to ensure that THDCIL continues to work as a responsible hydropower developer, and that we can take the same focus on sustainability to all our new endeavours," he added.
Singh is a civil engineering graduate from NIT Rourkela (1983) and has more than three decades of exhaustive experience in underground works, powerhouse works, spillways, contracts, material management, rehabilitation and heavy civil construction. Before joining THDCIL, Singh worked with Larsen & Toubro.
Singh played a key role in the construction of Tehri powerhouse and was in charge of its planning and construction. He introduced several innovations in implementation that helped THDCIL commission the project in a record period of four years.
The Project received several national level awards for efficient implementation and Singh was also honored with the 'Eminent Engineering Personality' award at national convention of 'Institutions of Engineers' (India) in 2012, at IIT Roorkee for his contribution to its implementation and management.
He has also been conferred with "Chartered Engineer" by Institution of Engineers (India) for this project. THDCIL is a 'Mini Ratna Category-I', Schedule A and ISO certified public sector undertaking, and currently has a portfolio of 18 projects totaling to an installed capacity of 6,374 MW in various stages of development.
- Oil firms must open transport hubs for lorry drivers: Moily Read more
- Discoms power purchase costs soften in first quarter Read more
- I Squared Capital Partners with Amplus to Create a Leader in Distributed Rooftop Solar Power in India Read more
- Adani Transmission, Reliance Infrastructure deal hinges on this key factor Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- Increased focus on renewable energy to impact demand for domestic coal, says ICRA Read more
- Coal price rationalisation likely early next year Read more
- BHEL's new products to take on China Read more
- Respite for industries as Tamil Nadu lifts power cut Read more
- Adhunik Power owners plan equity infusion to retain control Read more