Coal News We love to talk!
Qatar Prime Minister Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Tharrived in New Delhi this evening on a two day visit to India.
During the visit, the Qatari dignitary will hold discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on bilateral, regional and multilateral issues of common interest. This is the first visit of Sheikh Abdullah to India and the third high-level bilateral engagement between the two countries in the past two years, which underlines India's growing ties with Qatar.
The visit of Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani to India in March 2015 was followed by visit of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to Qatar in June 2016. India's close and friendly relations with Qatar are based on mutually beneficial commercial exchanges and extensive people-to-people contacts.
Qatar is not only an important trading partner for India in the Gulf region but is also the largest supplier of LNG to the country, accounting for 66 per cent of our total imports in 2015-16.
Indians form the largest expatriate community in Qatar and their positive contribution in the progress and development of their host country is well recognized. There are over 630,000 Indian nationals working in Qatar.
- India can set up 20 Gigafactories for energy storage: Amitabh Kant Read more
- Nobody can prevent India's oil exploration in our waters: Vietnam Read more
- Cabinet clears IndianOil LNG plant at Ennore Read more
- Power Ministry may issue tax-free bonds to fund hydropower plants Read more
- Solar projects: India says no to US on dispute settlement panel Read more
- OPEC says it has not failed India, provided mkt stability Read more
- Wind, solar will be cheapest power source in G20 countries by 2030, says Greenpeace study Read more
- Discom claims daily loss of Rs 25 lakh due to power theft by e-rick owners Read more
- ONGC likely to relinquish Coal Bed Methane block in West Bengal Read more
- Petrolight, Aratos tie up for pipeline security solutions Read more