Coal News We love to talk!
Qatar Prime Minister Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Tharrived in New Delhi this evening on a two day visit to India.
During the visit, the Qatari dignitary will hold discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on bilateral, regional and multilateral issues of common interest. This is the first visit of Sheikh Abdullah to India and the third high-level bilateral engagement between the two countries in the past two years, which underlines India's growing ties with Qatar.
The visit of Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani to India in March 2015 was followed by visit of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to Qatar in June 2016. India's close and friendly relations with Qatar are based on mutually beneficial commercial exchanges and extensive people-to-people contacts.
Qatar is not only an important trading partner for India in the Gulf region but is also the largest supplier of LNG to the country, accounting for 66 per cent of our total imports in 2015-16.
Indians form the largest expatriate community in Qatar and their positive contribution in the progress and development of their host country is well recognized. There are over 630,000 Indian nationals working in Qatar.
- India re-negotiating terms of gas contract with Qatar: Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- CCEA okays differential pricing for undeveloped deepwater, ultra-deepwater fields Read more
- BHEL commissions 600-MW thermal unit in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Idco seeks govt nod to sign MoU with IOCL Read more
- Coal Ministry blames NTPC for row over quality Read more
- ONGC Videsh, Oil India win Mozambique nod for gas field development Read more
- Ethanol use can reduce India's fuel imports, says Prime Minister Modi Read more
- India's largest coal mine coming up at Birbhum: Mamata Banerjee Read more
- Govt to gain $2.2 billion from gas price hike: Merrill Lynch Read more
- World Bank sanctions Rs 1,376 crore for Tripura power upgradation Read more