Power News We love to talk!
The BJP-led NDA has decided to oppose any government move to increase power tariff in the state, maintaining that it would put additional burden on the people of Bihar.
Talking to media persons on Sunday, state energy minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said the government was mulling over increasing the electricity tariff and the hike could be around 20%."There is a long process that has to be completed for increasing electricity tariff. It will take time," Yadav said, adding that consultations have to be made with the bodies concerned before taking any decision.
Reacting sharply to it, state BJP chief Nityanand Rai issued a statement, insisting that his party would organize sustained agitations against any increase in the state power tariff.
He added that the BJP-led government at the Centre has provided over Rs5,856 crore to the state government for the execution of various power-related projects, including accelerated electrification of the leftout villages and power connection to all households. The increase in electricity tariff would be an additional unjustified burden on the power consumers, he added.
Incidentally, the matter regarding the likely increase in power tariff in the state had also cropped up at Rai's meeting with RLSP national president and Union minister Upendra Kushwaha earlier on the day. Kushwaha insisted on organizing combined protests of the NDA against it.
- TPREL inks pact with SECI for 100 MW solar project in AP Read more
- NITI Aayog suggests waste to energy plants to clean up solid waste Read more
- Railways to take green route to bring down power, fuel bill Read more
- Lack of distributors and low purchasing power to hit government's drive to expand LPG base Read more
- BERC issues suo moto order for submission of compliance reports by discoms Read more
- Much needed tariff hike in UP, Domestic Tariff up by 17% Read more
- Preferential treatment to Delhi? Focus on resolving power crisis faced by other states for years Read more
- India Power Corporation Ltd lines up investment to strengthen distribution infrastructure in Bihar Read more
- The Gas Station of the Future Just Opened Read more
- Power reforms gain ground in states Read more