Power News We love to talk!
To overcome the scarcity of land for expansion of solar energy in the country, government is planning a number of initiatives like development of solar parks, ultra mega solar power projects and solar zones.
"The government has planned to overcome the challenge by launching the schemes like development of solar parks and ultra mega solar power projects, development of solar zones in the country and roof top solar projects," Minister for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal said during Question Hour.
Goyal said solar parks are common development areas for solar power projects and offer the developers location/land with prior approvals that is well characterised with proper infrastructure and access to amenities and where the risk of the projects can be minimised.
"Under solar zone scheme, a large zone with solar radiation and other requirements is identified for solar projects. The land is to be arranged by the solar project developers. Under roof-top scheme, land is not required and rather projects are established at roof tops of the existing buildings," he said.
- India has emerged as biggest renewable energy lab in world: US ambassador to India, Richard Verma Read more
- Disclose documents relating to thermal power plant: NGT Read more
- DVC calls off joint venture with NLC India for power project Read more
- PGCIL emerges lowest bidder for Rs 6,300-crore Vemagiri II proj Read more
- India has 80 million tonne of coal stocks at power plants and mines Read more
- India's goal of all-electric mobility by 2032 challenging: UBS Read more
- Every home will get power supply by 2019, says Goyal Read more
- Rejection of application of Marquis Energy Exchange (MEX) Read more
- Perk up renewable energy policy to address power woes in Uttar Pradesh: ASSOCHAM Read more
- Government to give Rs 1,800 crore assistance to IIT-B for Solar Urja Lamp Read more