Power News We love to talk!
To overcome the scarcity of land for expansion of solar energy in the country, government is planning a number of initiatives like development of solar parks, ultra mega solar power projects and solar zones.
"The government has planned to overcome the challenge by launching the schemes like development of solar parks and ultra mega solar power projects, development of solar zones in the country and roof top solar projects," Minister for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal said during Question Hour.
Goyal said solar parks are common development areas for solar power projects and offer the developers location/land with prior approvals that is well characterised with proper infrastructure and access to amenities and where the risk of the projects can be minimised.
"Under solar zone scheme, a large zone with solar radiation and other requirements is identified for solar projects. The land is to be arranged by the solar project developers. Under roof-top scheme, land is not required and rather projects are established at roof tops of the existing buildings," he said.
- Suzlon forms jt venture with Ostro Energy for 50-MW solar project Read more
- New power system from Dev Solar Read more
- APERC fixes tariff for Empee Powers co-generation power plants using coal as secondary fuel Read more
- Wind power generation touches 3,000 MW Read more
- CAG raps OilMin for letting Reliance Industries charge marketing margin in dollars Read more
- Uttar Pradesh voters want solar power, reveals survey Read more
- India plans to ask IAEA to conduct review of nuclear regulatory system Read more
- Investors spent a record $2 trillion on renewables: report Read more
- Adani Enterprises signs coal mining agreement with NLC India Read more
- Tata Power bags 150 MW solar project in Maharashtra Read more