Power News We love to talk!
To overcome the scarcity of land for expansion of solar energy in the country, government is planning a number of initiatives like development of solar parks, ultra mega solar power projects and solar zones.
"The government has planned to overcome the challenge by launching the schemes like development of solar parks and ultra mega solar power projects, development of solar zones in the country and roof top solar projects," Minister for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal said during Question Hour.
Goyal said solar parks are common development areas for solar power projects and offer the developers location/land with prior approvals that is well characterised with proper infrastructure and access to amenities and where the risk of the projects can be minimised.
"Under solar zone scheme, a large zone with solar radiation and other requirements is identified for solar projects. The land is to be arranged by the solar project developers. Under roof-top scheme, land is not required and rather projects are established at roof tops of the existing buildings," he said.
- Suzlon chief takes over as head of wind turbine makers body Read more
- Energy storage sector kicked-up about renewables, micro-grid opportunities Read more
- SBI seeks relief for power & me<x>tals sector from RBI Read more
- Govt says $1.77 billion FDI equity came into Indian renewable sector between Apr 14 to Sep 16 Read more
- Cairn, Vedanta boards to meet on Sunday to consider merger Read more
- Sembcorp buyout of Green Infra to spur more renewable energy deals Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- Chinese companies eye infrastructure investments in India Read more
- Duty casts a cloud over solar panel manufacturers in export oriented zones Read more
- Clean energy bids with high tariffs will be cancelled: RK Singh Read more