Power News We love to talk!
To overcome the scarcity of land for expansion of solar energy in the country, government is planning a number of initiatives like development of solar parks, ultra mega solar power projects and solar zones.
"The government has planned to overcome the challenge by launching the schemes like development of solar parks and ultra mega solar power projects, development of solar zones in the country and roof top solar projects," Minister for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal said during Question Hour.
Goyal said solar parks are common development areas for solar power projects and offer the developers location/land with prior approvals that is well characterised with proper infrastructure and access to amenities and where the risk of the projects can be minimised.
"Under solar zone scheme, a large zone with solar radiation and other requirements is identified for solar projects. The land is to be arranged by the solar project developers. Under roof-top scheme, land is not required and rather projects are established at roof tops of the existing buildings," he said.
- NTPC uncertain on fate of 5 coal blocks Read more
- Tata Power to invest $90 million in renewable energy arm TPREL Read more
- REIL proposes solar panel manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Punjab CM inaugurates solar power plant Read more
- Smart meters cost likely to come down drastically Read more
- Rs 1 lakh crore investment in solar power, green corridor on government's energy radar for 2017 Read more
- Kudankulam plant's 2nd unit to be commissioned shortly: Govt Read more
- Azure Power bags NTPC solar power projects Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- Cabinet nod for setting up power transmission system in Tamil Nadu Read more