Power News We love to talk!
To overcome the scarcity of land for expansion of solar energy in the country, government is planning a number of initiatives like development of solar parks, ultra mega solar power projects and solar zones.
"The government has planned to overcome the challenge by launching the schemes like development of solar parks and ultra mega solar power projects, development of solar zones in the country and roof top solar projects," Minister for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal said during Question Hour.
Goyal said solar parks are common development areas for solar power projects and offer the developers location/land with prior approvals that is well characterised with proper infrastructure and access to amenities and where the risk of the projects can be minimised.
"Under solar zone scheme, a large zone with solar radiation and other requirements is identified for solar projects. The land is to be arranged by the solar project developers. Under roof-top scheme, land is not required and rather projects are established at roof tops of the existing buildings," he said.
- CEAs power plan sounds death knell for thermal capacities Read more
- 5,200 MW solar capacity to be added in 2016-17: CARE Read more
- Coal prices to stay firm on higher power demand Read more
- Serious issues remain inproviding such 'open access' of electricity to industries Read more
- Odisha asks Centre to revise coal royalty sans delay Read more
- ADB approves $175 mn loan to Power Grid Corp Read more
- Gamesa, Orange Renewable sign up for 250 MW wind power project Read more
- Adani Group to restart talks with stakeholders over Australia mine project Read more
- Essel, Rajasthan govt ink Rs4,000 crore pact for solar parks Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more