Coal News We love to talk!
The combined market capitalisation (m-cap) of three of the top 10 Sensex companies declined by Rs 14,045 crore in the week gone by, with energy major ONGC alone taking a hit of Rs 9,240 crore.
However, seven companies - TCS, Coal India, ITC, Infosys, SBI, NTPC and Bharti Airtel - saw m-cap gains totalling Rs 13,114 crore despite a weak broader market where the BSE 30-scrip benchmark Sensex lost 1.55 per cent during the May 25 - June 1 week.
The market value of ONGC declined Rs 9,240 crore at Rs 2,10,721 crore. The shares of the company fell by 4.2 per cent during the week.
RIL was the second biggest loser as its value dropped Rs 2,717 crore to Rs 2,23,881 crore, while HDFC Bank saw its m-cap erode by Rs 2,088 crore to Rs 1,15,325 crore.
On the other hand, CIL was the top performer with its value rising Rs 5,084 crore to Rs 2,02,944 crore.
M-cap of NTPC advanced by Rs 2,598 crore to Rs 119,518 crore, while ITC added Rs 1,603 crore to its m-cap at Rs 1,82,794 crore. SBI saw a jump of Rs 1,423 crore at Rs 1,35,967 crore.
IT companies Infosys and TCS together added Rs 1,533 crore to their value. The m-cap of Infosys was Rs 1,37,114 crore, while TCS m-cap stood at Rs 2,39,710 crore.
Telecom major Bharti added Rs 873 crore to its value which was at Rs 1,14,286 crore.
TCS remained at the top, followed by RIL, ONGC, CIL, ITC, Infosys, SBI, NTPC, HDFC Bank and Bharti.
- SCCL moots action plan to bid for coal blocks Read more
- ONGC holds board meeting on Mumbai High platform Read more
- ONGC Videsh output to stay flat in the wake of drop in global oil prices Read more
- Why is Tamil Nadus Cauvery Delta fighting against ONGC? Read more
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against ex-Coal Secretary H C Gupta Read more
- Piyush Goyal to call meeting on Dabhol plant revival in two weeks Read more
- India has 80 million tonne of coal stocks at power plants and mines Read more
- ONGC retains top slot among PSUs, BSNL worst performer: Survey Read more
- 50 lakh LPG connections for BPL families in Bihar: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- ONGC Q4 net more than doubles to Rs 5,644 cr Read more