Coal News We love to talk!
The combined market capitalisation (m-cap) of three of the top 10 Sensex companies declined by Rs 14,045 crore in the week gone by, with energy major ONGC alone taking a hit of Rs 9,240 crore.
However, seven companies - TCS, Coal India, ITC, Infosys, SBI, NTPC and Bharti Airtel - saw m-cap gains totalling Rs 13,114 crore despite a weak broader market where the BSE 30-scrip benchmark Sensex lost 1.55 per cent during the May 25 - June 1 week.
The market value of ONGC declined Rs 9,240 crore at Rs 2,10,721 crore. The shares of the company fell by 4.2 per cent during the week.
RIL was the second biggest loser as its value dropped Rs 2,717 crore to Rs 2,23,881 crore, while HDFC Bank saw its m-cap erode by Rs 2,088 crore to Rs 1,15,325 crore.
On the other hand, CIL was the top performer with its value rising Rs 5,084 crore to Rs 2,02,944 crore.
M-cap of NTPC advanced by Rs 2,598 crore to Rs 119,518 crore, while ITC added Rs 1,603 crore to its m-cap at Rs 1,82,794 crore. SBI saw a jump of Rs 1,423 crore at Rs 1,35,967 crore.
IT companies Infosys and TCS together added Rs 1,533 crore to their value. The m-cap of Infosys was Rs 1,37,114 crore, while TCS m-cap stood at Rs 2,39,710 crore.
Telecom major Bharti added Rs 873 crore to its value which was at Rs 1,14,286 crore.
TCS remained at the top, followed by RIL, ONGC, CIL, ITC, Infosys, SBI, NTPC, HDFC Bank and Bharti.
- Coal India board defies govt directive Read more
- BPCL to bag 'Maharatna' status in FY16 Read more
- Business and Energy Secretary urges UK business to embrace India trade ties Read more
- Change in valuation method may push thermal coal asset prices lower Read more
- NTPC on Forbes list of world's largest and most powerful public companies Read more
- Coal block de-allocation risks less in short term, painful in future: India Ratings Read more
- ONGC wants higher gas price to produce KG, Kutch discoveries Read more
- Gas grids: A distant dream Read more
- Growth in coal use falls in last 10 yrs as India eyes Paris goal Read more
- ONGC, CNPC to jointly bid for assets Read more