Power News We love to talk!
Rural women and experts from across the globe will share their expertise in cooking with free, renewable energy at the sixth Solar Cookers International (SCI) World Conference which will be held for the first time in the country here between January 16 and January 18.
World's most influential solar cooking experts including scientists, entrepreneurs, policy makers, educators, field project managers from more than 25 countries will share their work at Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj. More than 40 presenters from 19 countries will present their innovative discoveries in solar cooking work during the three days conference.
SCI actively advocates for solar cooking to be included in national-level discussions at the United Nations (UN). Decisions and actions solidified at the 6th SCI World Conference will drive SCI's advocacy efforts at the UN, solar cooker projects in refugee and internally displaced person camps and research protocols that will be used around the world to evaluate solar cooker quality.
"Imagine a woman who cooks a meal for her family over a wood fire, breathing thick clouds of smoke while she stirs the pot. She and her children breathe this thick smoke for hours every day and it is equivalent to smoking 400 cigarettes per hour," said Julie Greene, executive director of SCI.
"When you multiply her activity by billions of meals every day, you realize to the life-changing difference solar cooking makes," said Greene. "Breathing polluted air is a violence against women," said Dr Janak Palta McGilligan, renowned in the country for her extensive social work with indigenous girls.
- APTEL asks SERCs to Plan, Pursue & Ensure RPO compliance Read more
- International Solar Alliance, India ink host country agreement Read more
- India plans todevelop a forecasting model for energy demand and supply Read more
- New Delhi Municipal Council waste-to-energy plant supplying power to 8,000 households Read more
- Power cuts in 12 districts under Jaipur electricity discom from yesterday Read more
- 45 lakh families to get power supply in MP under Saubhagya Read more
- Progress of green energy corridor very different on paper and on ground: Mercom Capital Read more
- Two $1 billion funds in the works for stressed power assets, renewable energy: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Tata Solar to supply 1 lakh solar panels for Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission project in Rajasthan Read more
- VPT plans another 5 mw of solar power plant Read more