Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) evinced interest in investing in power transmission lines in Telangana.
"The PGCIL has expressed its interest to invest in the transmission projects in the state," a release issued by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's office said. "The Chief Minister wanted officials from the state electricity department and PGCIL to hold talks in this regard," it said adding PGCIL Chairman I S Jha today met KCR.
As per the release, Rao asked the officials of PGCIL to complete the power lines to connect southern states with the North East West Grid as it would enable to coordinate the demand and supply of power all over the country.
The Chief Minister has asked the officials concerned to complete the power lines between Wardha (Maharashtra) and Dichpally to get power supply from Chhattisgarh to Telangana, it added. The PGCIL officials told the Chief Minister that they would be completing the line by this March, said the release.
- Over 600 per cent jump in Railways earnings from imported coal transport for power plants Read more
- India Inc lauds proposal to expedite green nod for CIL's expansion plans Read more
- Siemens bags Rs 78 crore order from Power Grid Corp of India Read more
- No arbitration over RIL gas price: Centre Read more
- TN to strengthen power infrastructure with Japanese aid Read more
- Global pension funds warm to Indias solar power ambitions Read more
- MPs pitch for more focus on renewable sources of energy Read more
- Were not affected by poor health of power sector Read more
- Grid infrastructure, policy framework key to India's renewables aim Irena Read more
- Per capita energy consumption fell 0.6% in FY14 Read more