Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) evinced interest in investing in power transmission lines in Telangana.
"The PGCIL has expressed its interest to invest in the transmission projects in the state," a release issued by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's office said. "The Chief Minister wanted officials from the state electricity department and PGCIL to hold talks in this regard," it said adding PGCIL Chairman I S Jha today met KCR.
As per the release, Rao asked the officials of PGCIL to complete the power lines to connect southern states with the North East West Grid as it would enable to coordinate the demand and supply of power all over the country.
The Chief Minister has asked the officials concerned to complete the power lines between Wardha (Maharashtra) and Dichpally to get power supply from Chhattisgarh to Telangana, it added. The PGCIL officials told the Chief Minister that they would be completing the line by this March, said the release.
- Neutral rating on ONGC; outlook remains dull: Nomura Read more
- Second unit of Kudankulam nuclear power plant restarts generation Read more
- Sachin Tendulkars new innings light up rural lives through solar power Read more
- New wind power capacity may decline to 2,500 MW in FY17: ICRA Read more
- Subsidies alone will not scale up adoption of solar pumps: CEEW Read more
- Govt mulls single bidding parameter for certain power projects Read more
- Vedanta Limited Q2 net profit rise 10 per cent Read more
- Bhel Q3 profit falls onslowdown in orders Read more
- Union Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal confident of doubling power generation in 7 years Read more
- US urged to drop India WTO case on solar Read more