Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) evinced interest in investing in power transmission lines in Telangana.
"The PGCIL has expressed its interest to invest in the transmission projects in the state," a release issued by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's office said. "The Chief Minister wanted officials from the state electricity department and PGCIL to hold talks in this regard," it said adding PGCIL Chairman I S Jha today met KCR.
As per the release, Rao asked the officials of PGCIL to complete the power lines to connect southern states with the North East West Grid as it would enable to coordinate the demand and supply of power all over the country.
The Chief Minister has asked the officials concerned to complete the power lines between Wardha (Maharashtra) and Dichpally to get power supply from Chhattisgarh to Telangana, it added. The PGCIL officials told the Chief Minister that they would be completing the line by this March, said the release.
- Discoms to launch e-bid portal for power procurement Read more
- Power minister Piyush Goyal bets on divestment, rules out Air India privatization Read more
- Reliance Infrastructure, Tata Power clash over cross-subsidy surcharge Read more
- Solar power plant set up at Bharathidasan University Read more
- JSPL secures 0.5 mt coal linkage for sponge iron units Read more
- Adani Ports in pact with France's CMA Terminals to run Mundra port Read more
- India plans to fast-track hydro power projects in Kashmir region Read more
- Natural gas price far below average production cost: ICRA Read more
- BG India may sell Mahanagar Gas Ltd stake too Read more
- Demand for power likely to cross 185 million units Read more