Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) evinced interest in investing in power transmission lines in Telangana.
"The PGCIL has expressed its interest to invest in the transmission projects in the state," a release issued by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's office said. "The Chief Minister wanted officials from the state electricity department and PGCIL to hold talks in this regard," it said adding PGCIL Chairman I S Jha today met KCR.
As per the release, Rao asked the officials of PGCIL to complete the power lines to connect southern states with the North East West Grid as it would enable to coordinate the demand and supply of power all over the country.
The Chief Minister has asked the officials concerned to complete the power lines between Wardha (Maharashtra) and Dichpally to get power supply from Chhattisgarh to Telangana, it added. The PGCIL officials told the Chief Minister that they would be completing the line by this March, said the release.
- Maha govt plans to retire high cost debt of Rs 54,000 cr of three power companies Read more
- Adani Group in talks to buy Avantha Power & Infrastructures Madhya Pradesh power project Read more
- India may extend power projects emission deadline to December 2019 Read more
- India starts exporting petroleum products to Myanmar Read more
- Nuclear-power plants to come up in Uttarakhand, Punjab, UP: Government Read more
- India should seize weak oil price to woo experts: Sesa Sterlite Read more
- Tata Motors, EESL join hands for energy efficiency in manufacturing units Read more
- India plans to award 15,000 MW of solar projects this year Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan led Oil ministry wants ONGC chief for just a year with quarterly appraisal Read more
- REC signs MoU with Karnataka for Rs 38,000 crore financial assistance Read more