Coal News We love to talk!
CERC directed NTPC to file fresh application based on actual COD of the Units for TEESTA Hydro Project
This petition has been filed by NHPC Ltd., for approval of tariff of TEESTA Low Dam Project Stage-IV (4 x 40 MW) from the date of commercial operation (COD) of Units - I & II and anticipated COD of Units - III & IV till 31st Mar 2019 in accordance with the provisions of the CERC (Terms and Conditions of Tariff) Regulations, 2014.
NTPC has submitted that the actual COD of Units-I & II is 11th Mar 2016 and 31st Mar 2016 respectively and Units III and IV of the generating station is expected to achieve commercial operation by 30th June 2016 and 30th Sep 2016 respectively. Thereafter, the Commission by order dated 8th Nov 2016 granted interim tariff for the generating station for the period from 11th Mar 2016 (COD of Unit-I) till 31st Mar 2018 based on the original sanctioned cost of 106,138.00 lakh. The interim tariff granted is subject to adjustment after determination of final tariff of the generating station for the period 2015-19 based on the Revised Cost Estimates (RCE) approved by the Central Government. NTPC further submitted that the RCE is pending for approval of the Central Government and the report of the vetting of capital cost is yet to be finalized by the Designated Independent Authority (DIA) for submission to the Commission.
After hearing the submissions, the Commission directed the petitioner (NTPC) that the interim tariff granted vide order dated 8th Nov 2016 shall continue to be in operation until further orders or till the determination of final tariff.
Accordingly, the Commission directed the petitioner (NTPC) to file fresh tariff petition based on actual COD of the Units along with the DIA (Designated Independent Authority) report and the approved RCE (Revised Cost Estimated).
- IREDA awaits RBI nod to issue green masala bonds Read more
- SunEdison, Adanis miss March 31 project commissioning deadline in TN Read more
- Emerging Powerless Read more
- CERC determines tariff for NHPCs Baira Siul HEP for 2009-14 and 2014-19 blocks Read more
- NTPC: Well-placed to expand Read more
- CERC dismisses BBMBs petition for tariff determination of ISTS lines Read more
- NTPC opposition to new FSA likely to hit coal supply plan for power producers Read more
- Unit-3 (500 MW) of Vallur TPP of NTECL (NTPC Tamil Nadu Energy Company Limited) may inject infirm power till COD (15th October 2014) Read more
- GERC revises the carrying cost and period for carrying cost for TPL Read more
- Two labourers killed at NTPC plant in Bihar Read more