Power News We love to talk!
The commissioning of additional units at Talwandi Sabo Power Ltd (TSPL) and Balco power plant helped Vedanta post 8% rise in power sales in April-December period of FY17.
Vedanta sold 9,453 million units (MU) of commercial power by the end of December compared to 8,728 MU in the year-ago period. Power sales were from all Vedanta-owned units of TSPL, Balco, Jharsuguda, Malco and Hindustan Zinc. In the October-December quarter, total power sales of Vedanta was up 16%.
Power sales from TSPL increased with all three units being operational. In Q3 of FY17, the three units operated at an availability of 77%. The Power Purchase Agreement with the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) compensates us based on the availability of the plant, Vedanta said in a release.
The 600 Mw unit at Jharsuguda dedicated to the Odisha grid, operated at a PLF (plant load factor) of 72% in Q3. The two 300 Mw units of Balco IPP operated at a lower PLF of 55% due to weaker power market.
PLF at the Malco power plant was lower due to lower off-take by the Telangana State Electricity Board (TSEB). However, as per the contract entered into with TSEB, we are entitled to compensation at 20% of the contracted rate for off-take below 85% of the contractual quantity.
- UDAY will revive the poor state of the power sector : Pramod Deo Read more
- Jindal bids lowest again, Hindalco the highest Read more
- Land, finance key to India renewables drive: First Solar CEO Read more
- India nears power success, but millions are still in the dark Read more
- Sale of power on energy bourses: price trend subdued Read more
- IREDA launches loan scheme for rooftop solar power projects Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission (Prepaid Metering) Regulations, 2014 Read more
- China Firm Seeks to Invoke Vedanta Guarantee Read more
- GMR's Odisha power plant starts operation Read more
- Leading solar companies address National Solar Conclave in Lucknow Read more