Power News We love to talk!
State-owned Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd has inked three pacts to extend financial assistance of around Rs 60,000 crore to Andhra Pradesh.
"Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by REC for extending financial assistance to the tune of Rs 60,000 crore in the state of Andhra Pradesh," Rural Electrification Corp informed BSE today.
According to the statement, REC has signed three MoUs for extending financial assistance of around Rs 60,000 crore in the state for the next five years (till March 2022). The financial assistance comprises Rs 40,000 crore to Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp, Rs 10,000 to Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh and Rs 10,000 crore to AP DISCOMSs.
Apart from financial assistance, the power utilities have agreed on availing consultancy and management services from REC arms, REC Power Distribution Company and REC Transmission Projects Company, for various activities/projects for the next five years.
- Debt servicing of Ratnagiri Gas & Power set to be hit Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan meets Arun Jaitley as fuel prices touch new high Read more
- NTPC plans to diversify into power distribution Read more
- Proposal to bring hydro power under renewable energy ambit in Cabinet soon: R K Singh Read more
- CIL mulls pact with South African firm for joint acquisitions Read more
- Finance Ministry to form Rs 50,000 cr National Electricity Fund to pace up distribution reforms Read more
- ABB bags Rs 334 crore transmission and distribution substations orders in Bihar and West Bengal Read more
- Delhi discoms wait for DERC order on purchase charges Read more
- Increase in power demand met by improved hydro and nuclear generation in August 2018: India Ratings Read more
- Regulator asks Tata Power not to cherry-pick R-Infra customers Read more