Coal News We love to talk!
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd has secured long-term coal linkage of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for its sponge iron units.
“The company has secured long-term coal linkage of a total quantity of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for the next 5 years in the recently-concluded coal linkage auction under sponge iron sub-sector conducted by Coal India Ltd,” Jindal Steel & Power Ltd said in a regulatory filing today.
“This sourcing of coal will help the company secure fuel requirements and smoothen operations of its sponge iron units.” The company, in August 2016, had secured long-term coal linkage of 1.18 mt per annum (mtpa) for power plants in Chhattisgarh.
“...with this linkage in sponge iron sub-sector, the total coal linkage capacity of the company will be 1.68 mtpa,” it added. JSPL stock was trading 4.79 per cent higher at Rs. 83.20 on the BSE.
- Infrastructure: As far as private power producers are concerned, no light at the end of the tunnel Read more
- Govt may raise LPG connections target to 20 million for FY17 Read more
- CAG flags violation in 'depreciation' benefit to RIL Read more
- LPG subsidy transfer: Centres savings not more than Rs 143 cr, while it claims Rs 12,700 cr Read more
- Coal India board to discuss share buyback Read more
- Officials finalise plan to supply 100 MW power to Bangladesh Read more
- Tata Power restructures assets to placate lenders Read more
- R Power's Butibori unit goes live Read more
- Essar Power to expand Hazira power generation capacity by 135 Mw Read more
- Environment ministry relaxes norms to boost waste-to-energy plants Read more