Coal News We love to talk!
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd has secured long-term coal linkage of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for its sponge iron units.
“The company has secured long-term coal linkage of a total quantity of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for the next 5 years in the recently-concluded coal linkage auction under sponge iron sub-sector conducted by Coal India Ltd,” Jindal Steel & Power Ltd said in a regulatory filing today.
“This sourcing of coal will help the company secure fuel requirements and smoothen operations of its sponge iron units.” The company, in August 2016, had secured long-term coal linkage of 1.18 mt per annum (mtpa) for power plants in Chhattisgarh.
“...with this linkage in sponge iron sub-sector, the total coal linkage capacity of the company will be 1.68 mtpa,” it added. JSPL stock was trading 4.79 per cent higher at Rs. 83.20 on the BSE.
- Power: Incentives, better cost recovery aid earnings Read more
- Tata target: 400 MW solar power in 3 years Read more
- CIL to pump in Rs 57,000 crore in 5 years to ramp up output to 908 million tonnes Read more
- Azure Power commissions projects in three states Read more
- Power utilities to raise funds as bond yields rise Read more
- Where's the coal? Read more
- Power Ministry's expert committee divided on Subansiri project in Assam Read more
- Dark future ahead? 11,000mw thermal power capacity lying idle, largest outage is in the north Read more
- With soaring temperature, power thefts too on rise in Hyderabad Read more
- 2 crore LED bulbs distributed: How DELP is helping save the govt Rs 2.9 crore a day Read more