Coal News We love to talk!
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd has secured long-term coal linkage of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for its sponge iron units.
“The company has secured long-term coal linkage of a total quantity of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for the next 5 years in the recently-concluded coal linkage auction under sponge iron sub-sector conducted by Coal India Ltd,” Jindal Steel & Power Ltd said in a regulatory filing today.
“This sourcing of coal will help the company secure fuel requirements and smoothen operations of its sponge iron units.” The company, in August 2016, had secured long-term coal linkage of 1.18 mt per annum (mtpa) for power plants in Chhattisgarh.
“...with this linkage in sponge iron sub-sector, the total coal linkage capacity of the company will be 1.68 mtpa,” it added. JSPL stock was trading 4.79 per cent higher at Rs. 83.20 on the BSE.
- MoEF declines clearance to KSK hydel project in Arunachal Pradesh Read more
- JSPL to sell some steel assets, enter renewables sector Read more
- No changes in FSA clauses: Coal India Read more
- UP-NCR power crisis to worsen Read more
- Reinstatement of AD for Wind Power Read more
- Make excise rates on LPG uniform: Oil Min to Finmin Read more
- Don't develop forward market for power trading: Parliamentary panel Read more
- Indias gas production to rise over 40 per cent to 125 mmscmd over the next decade: ICRA Read more
- Take steps to get maximum power from Kundankulam Nuclear Power Plant for industry: G K Vasan Read more
- After GAIL tender fails, Samsung Shipyard to build LNG carrier at Kochi Read more