Coal News We love to talk!
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd has secured long-term coal linkage of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for its sponge iron units.
“The company has secured long-term coal linkage of a total quantity of 0.5 million tonnes per annum for the next 5 years in the recently-concluded coal linkage auction under sponge iron sub-sector conducted by Coal India Ltd,” Jindal Steel & Power Ltd said in a regulatory filing today.
“This sourcing of coal will help the company secure fuel requirements and smoothen operations of its sponge iron units.” The company, in August 2016, had secured long-term coal linkage of 1.18 mt per annum (mtpa) for power plants in Chhattisgarh.
“...with this linkage in sponge iron sub-sector, the total coal linkage capacity of the company will be 1.68 mtpa,” it added. JSPL stock was trading 4.79 per cent higher at Rs. 83.20 on the BSE.
- Split Coal India: national security panel Read more
- PSERC upholds Siel Chemicals petition against PSPCL Read more
- Rise of the mini-grids: Solar projects are lighting up households beyond reach of main electricity grids Read more
- OVL and Oil India to split Videocon stake equally Read more
- Power PSUs on Centres asset monetisation radar Read more
- Coal India receives higher e-auction realisations in June Read more
- SunEdison India sale said to draw Khazanah, Hindujas, Tata Power Read more
- Coal scam: High Court extends bail of RSPL officials Read more
- Akhileshs white knight for unviable Anpara C Read more
- Cabinet allows flexible use of domestic coal by power plants Read more