Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- Unscrambling coal scam Read more
- Drone startup ideaForge to make two UAVs for NTPC Read more
- Electric vehicles major attraction in 'Happy Cities Summit' Read more
- Give info on relationship with ex-officers of DERC: Delhi govt to discoms Read more
- NTPC may borrow Rs 16,000 crore to add 6,900 MW by March 2019 Read more
- IOC looking at buying stake in Nagarjuna group Cuddalore unit Read more
- 2nd auction on subsidy to gas-based power projects on September 15 Read more
- Tamil Nadu falls behind Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan in installed solar capacity Read more
- Government approves supply of cheap LNG to power plants; move to rescue investments worth Rs 60,000 cr Read more
- Protests against Ratnagiri refinery to gain steam Read more