Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- After leading green energy revolution, why India must power-up solar waste management Read more
- Indian solar power producers may get module prices relief Read more
- Sembcorp completes first unit of 660 MW in Nellore plant Read more
- Currency note ban sends electricity bill collection in UP through the roof Read more
- Patnaites pledge for solar roof top programme. Read more
- Chief Minister assures green energy investors of speedy clearances Read more
- Hyderabad court orders attachment of discom assets Read more
- Vikram Solar appoints Narasimhachari Kannan the companys executive director- operations Read more
- Wind power generation exceeds total needs Read more
- CERC turns down private firms plea against NTPC Read more