Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- Anti-dumping duty on solar imports may up tariffs by 17% Read more
- Clean energy's share in India's power generation mix rises to 7.54 per cent Read more
- Kudankulam is still the cheapest of all foreign-built nuclear plants Read more
- TN fast emerging a solar power destination Read more
- Discoms can meet green power quota Read more
- HPCL to take 8 pc stake in Petronet's Gangavaram LNG terminal Read more
- Rs 20,000 crore saving expected through nod to power firms to swap coal with efficient plants: Piyush Goyal Read more
- India loses 3.1 billion units of electricity to transmission congestion in 2014-15 Read more
- Tap solar power, Kurien tells CM Read more
- Odisha seeks reallocation of coal blocks for OPGC Read more