Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- Coal auction phase I to offer 92 mines with 350 million tonne reserves Read more
- India to kick off solar programme this month with $330 million aid Read more
- DERC dismisses consumer petition against TPDDL as matter is amicably settled Read more
- Amplus to build rooftop solar plant in Greater Noida Read more
- Gujarat: Anandi Patel inaugurates world's tallest wind tower Read more
- ONergy brings innovative solar energy solutions Read more
- Coal mines are property of states: Narendra Singh Tomar Read more
- Rolta Power teams up with Zhenfa New Energy Science & Technology Read more
- CoalIndia to cut high-grade prices Read more
- Enough funds for capex, no plans to divest equity: SJVN Read more