Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- India Power completes acquisition of Meenakshi Energy, plans to invest Rs. 3500 cr for setting up plant in Bengal Read more
- Gujarat rejects claim of forced land acquisition for Essar Read more
- SC reserves verdict on viability of power tariff regime Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- 2nd Amendment to interim balancing and settlement code of open access transaction regulation Read more
- Micro-grid firms look to govt for support Read more
- Public hearing on NTPC power project on May 23 Read more
- Ind-Ra revises wind energy outlook to stable for 2017 Read more
- Tata offers to set up 1,000 MW plant Read more
- First power project commissioned under incentive Read more