Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- Discom mess: States told to share burden of banks Read more
- Stressed plants may get to sell power to states Read more
- Removal of domestic content requirement in solar not a big blow Read more
- Shortage of coal rakes plunges Maharashtra in darkness Read more
- Power utility seeks funds to complete key projects Read more
- Essar Oil targets 5,000 fuel retail outlets Read more
- BHELs Raichur Power project turns costlier by Rs. 3,760 crore Read more
- Solar power units at four schools commissioned Read more
- Here is what Narendra Modi govt is planning to accommodate electric vehicles Read more
- India great platform for power demand: Sembcorp Read more