Coal News We love to talk!
A total of 171 remote tribal villages in Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts would be electrified with solar rooftops, said MM Nayak, CMD of AP Electricity Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL).
Addressing the Republic Day gathering at the discom office here on Thursday, he said they have already covered as many as 158 villages in which a total of 3,373 houses were given solar power.
This apart, a total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction. "Nearly 690.57 units of electricity and an amount of Rs 257 crore was saved. Further, a total 11,55,900 LED bulbs were supplied to 5,77,950 SC/ST consumers," Nayak added.
The APEPDCL has crossed the 50,000 consumers mark and was presently supplying power to 52.3 lakh consumers, he said, adding that it was a great achievement to bring down the TDS losses to 4.18%.
In the present year, two sub-stations, 11 33kv feeders, 141 11kv feeders, 438km long LT lines, 687km 11kv lines were installed, he said. A total 79.20 lakh LED bulbs at a cost of Rs 121.47 crore were distributed to 39.60 lakh consumers in five districts under the discom jurisdiction
- Role of Technology in Improving Power Generation Efficiency in India Read more
- Government will take policy initiatives to boost hydro power output Read more
- Over 70 per cent government-run schools in Odisha without electricity connection Read more
- Installed rooftop capacity is only a fraction of India's solar potential: German study Read more
- KERC accepts Gem Sugars request for payments from HESCOM Read more
- Adani-Ambani power deal may spur tariff hike: Cong. Read more
- Government crackdown on discom load-shedding: Will it bring achhe din for power consumers? Read more
- Solar-powered coaches throw up weighty challenge Read more
- An ill wind for Suzlon, Inoxs quick recovery hopes Read more
- Three companies express interest in NTPCs agro-residue tender Read more