Power News We love to talk!
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship CESC Ltd has appointed a consultant to explore restructuring opportunities in the company.
According to market sources, the company may club its generation and distribution businesses under two separate arms.
Currently, CESC has distribution rights in Kolkata and owns part of generation units in West Bengal. The rest of the generation outfits and distribution franchises are managed by different wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The generation units at Haldia in Bengal and Chandrapur in Maharashtra are two separate outfits, Haldia Energy Ltd and Dhariwal Infrastructure Ltd (both subsidiaries of CESC). Similarly, the group made foray in distribution franchise business through different companies.
CESC also owns, Spencer’s Retail Ltd, the retail arm of the group. There were talks of bringing Spencer’s out of its fold.
- Punjab Power Corporation buys electricity worth Rs 4,000 crore Read more
- Many electricity regulatory bodies headless Read more
- Mytrah Energy reaches 1 Gigawatt Read more
- State-owned ports post 4.31% cargo growth in 2015-16 Read more
- Reliance Industries to further scale down capex for shale gas business in US Read more
- The curious case of Hydro Power's downturn Read more
- Will try to keep power prices lower, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- IL&FS; bags $1-billion funding from Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Read more
- World Bank sceptical about India's power sector bailout Read more
- NSA Ajit Doval, Union minister Nirmala Sitharaman & other MPs keen to harness solar energy Read more