Power News We love to talk!
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship CESC Ltd has appointed a consultant to explore restructuring opportunities in the company.
According to market sources, the company may club its generation and distribution businesses under two separate arms.
Currently, CESC has distribution rights in Kolkata and owns part of generation units in West Bengal. The rest of the generation outfits and distribution franchises are managed by different wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The generation units at Haldia in Bengal and Chandrapur in Maharashtra are two separate outfits, Haldia Energy Ltd and Dhariwal Infrastructure Ltd (both subsidiaries of CESC). Similarly, the group made foray in distribution franchise business through different companies.
CESC also owns, Spencer’s Retail Ltd, the retail arm of the group. There were talks of bringing Spencer’s out of its fold.
- 'Why Keep Coal For PowerPlants Which Will Come Up In 6-7 Years' Read more
- International Energy Agency sees India driving global oil demand growth Read more
- Regulators and Policy Makers Interface At The 17th IPPAI RPR Meet Read more
- Maharashtra government to shutter all 30-year-old power facilities Read more
- GMRs Kamalanga plant commissioned Read more
- CERC: CERCs invites comments on Proposed Framework on Forecasting, Scheduling & Imbalance Handling for Renewable Energy (RE) Generating Stations based on wind and solar at Inter - State Level Read more
- Powers potential to create jobs Read more
- Another Adani Group CEO may have resigned Read more
- Coal auction: Blocks to private firms might cut power rates Read more
- Environmental activists to move court Read more