Power News We love to talk!
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship CESC Ltd has appointed a consultant to explore restructuring opportunities in the company.
According to market sources, the company may club its generation and distribution businesses under two separate arms.
Currently, CESC has distribution rights in Kolkata and owns part of generation units in West Bengal. The rest of the generation outfits and distribution franchises are managed by different wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The generation units at Haldia in Bengal and Chandrapur in Maharashtra are two separate outfits, Haldia Energy Ltd and Dhariwal Infrastructure Ltd (both subsidiaries of CESC). Similarly, the group made foray in distribution franchise business through different companies.
CESC also owns, Spencer’s Retail Ltd, the retail arm of the group. There were talks of bringing Spencer’s out of its fold.
- CPWD to generate 42.50 MW solar power by September Read more
- HPCL to rework Rajasthan oil refinery terms Read more
- Much needed tariff hike in UP, Domestic Tariff up by 17% Read more
- Discoms weighed down by Rs 70,000-crore dues Read more
- Haryana waives off intra-state wheeling charges to promote renewable energy Read more
- India to meet solar capacity addition target of 10,000 Megawatt Read more
- Telangana set to achieve 3 GW solar capacity by year end Read more
- No power cuts this summer: Karnataka power minister Read more
- Coal India cuts prices of top grade coal by up to 40% on global cues Read more
- Power distribution reforms: All is not well for states tariff revision Read more