Power News We love to talk!
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship CESC Ltd has appointed a consultant to explore restructuring opportunities in the company.
According to market sources, the company may club its generation and distribution businesses under two separate arms.
Currently, CESC has distribution rights in Kolkata and owns part of generation units in West Bengal. The rest of the generation outfits and distribution franchises are managed by different wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The generation units at Haldia in Bengal and Chandrapur in Maharashtra are two separate outfits, Haldia Energy Ltd and Dhariwal Infrastructure Ltd (both subsidiaries of CESC). Similarly, the group made foray in distribution franchise business through different companies.
CESC also owns, Spencer’s Retail Ltd, the retail arm of the group. There were talks of bringing Spencer’s out of its fold.
- As 24X7 power plan gets BJP votes, states join grid Read more
- Indian Energy Exchange prices hit record high as power demand zooms past 1.50 lakh Mw Read more
- Merger of oil PSUs will hurt consumers, harm Indias energy security Read more
- Government says it is keen to set up gas grid Read more
- France welcomes India's ratification of Paris agreement Read more
- Dabhol plant starts selling power to Central Railways Read more
- NTPC now a 47,178 MW Company after commissioning of 200 MW Stage-I Ananthapuramu Ultra Mega Solar Power Read more
- Renewable energy employed 8.1 million in 2015: IRENA Read more
- Global hopes for renewable energy fading, patents data show Read more
- DERC approves PPA for TPDDLs 60 kW solar project at Narela Read more