Power News We love to talk!
RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship CESC Ltd has appointed a consultant to explore restructuring opportunities in the company.
According to market sources, the company may club its generation and distribution businesses under two separate arms.
Currently, CESC has distribution rights in Kolkata and owns part of generation units in West Bengal. The rest of the generation outfits and distribution franchises are managed by different wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The generation units at Haldia in Bengal and Chandrapur in Maharashtra are two separate outfits, Haldia Energy Ltd and Dhariwal Infrastructure Ltd (both subsidiaries of CESC). Similarly, the group made foray in distribution franchise business through different companies.
CESC also owns, Spencer’s Retail Ltd, the retail arm of the group. There were talks of bringing Spencer’s out of its fold.
- Move to take Essar Energy private blocked Read more
- Siemens to electrify Gujarat Metro Link Express Read more
- NCLT extends insolvency resolution period of Bhushan Energy Read more
- Essar Oil in talks with Colombian co to raise imports Read more
- Installed rooftop capacity is only a fraction of India's solar potential: German study Read more
- JSW Energy inks MoU with Maharashtra to make EV, storage system Read more
- SolarArise raises over Rs200 crore from Kotak's infra fund and GEEREF Read more
- Corporation to promote solar energy in a big way Read more
- Gujarat's 4 Discoms get A+ rating Read more
- Oil-poor India needs to supersize its Rosneft order: Gadfly Read more