Coal News We love to talk!
Rajkot district administration has made it mandatory to install rooftop solar power units in all new buildings coming up in Rajkot district including six municipalities and villages which falls under Rajkot Urban Development Authority (RUDA).
According to Rajkot district collector Dr. Vikrant Pandey, the new norms will be in force from Thursday onwards. “The decision was taken to promote rooftop solar energy policy of the state and central governments. We want to make implementation of the new solar policy quick and hope that people will benefit from from it and save money from power bill,” Pandey told TOI.
“We will promote rooftop solar power policy in urban and semi-urban areas of Rajkot. We have rooftop solar panels at our collector’s office and on an average, we save 30% electricity cost,” the collector added.
“We want to set an example of speedy implementation of the policy and promote green technology,” said Pandey, who is also chairman of RUDA. Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) has already made rooftop solar panels mandatory for all buildings in Rajkot city.
RMC has last year approved 110 KW solar power project at its West Zone office besides existing 90KW solar power plant. The civic body has already initiated a process to convert all 52,000 street lights into LED to save electricity.
Currently, RMC has installed Solar PV system at its three zonal offices, three swimming pools and 10 schools in the city.
Also, the commercial capital of Saurashtra was declared the National Earth Hour Capital 2016 in WWF’s global Earth Hour City Challenge (EHCC) for various initiatives to reduce carbon emission and encourage renewable energy through community engagement last year.
- Developers seek change in Gujarat solar policy Read more
- Lotus Temple Takes Up Net Metering Read more
- Solar power developers evinces interest in Punjab Read more
- Government rolls back tax incentive for wind farms Read more
- CERC dismisses petition for compensatory tariff for Krishnapatnam UMPP Read more
- Solar project developers ask ministry to defer auctions Read more
- BRR Renewable Energy selected as consultant for 27 Megawatt solar power systems in Nagpur Read more
- India's reliance on coal to continue beyond 2047: Report Read more
- Survey soon to tap states solar power potential Read more
- Power cut likely to continue till June next in Odisha: Energy Minister Read more